Ongoing coronavirus happenings

11 Likes

For this week.

Republicans’ model for America’s future.

6 Likes

Yeah - that damn head of the Health Department. Who’s he to say that the numbers may have peaked but we’re not through with this yet?

6 Likes
6 Likes

Gallardo, who lives with her 78-year-old husband, would regularly attend a book club and Bible study

So, SIP is beneficial for cognitive ability you say?

1 Like

And here is the book for anyone who has small children to give it to:

https://nosycrow.com/blog/released-today-free-information-book-explaining-coronavirus-children-illustrated-gruffalo-illustrator-axel-scheffler/

7 Likes

Hopefully any policy changes will be made based on consideration of the R0 value and not just the daily death curve. The governor there does not seem to be an idiot.

Pennsylvania is a relatively large state (around 1/3 the size of Germany) with huge regional variation, and conditions in different parts of the state must be vastly different. I suspect it will be a political nightmare to find a path through policy that will work everywhere.

3 Likes

Did they deny coronavirus was a problem or say that it would miraculously disappear? Or that everyone who wanted a test could get a test? Or that people should take hydroxychloroquine or bleach or internal sunlight? Or… [and it goes on from there].

5 Likes

Is it bad that I had to click the link to find out who (Diamond and Silk, or Fox News) was pushing the bonkers conspiracy theories?

It is bad, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Trump’s sacrificing mightily. What’s next, he’ll have to miss the opening hour of Fox & Friends?

9 Likes

Apparently Indiana is opening non-essential businesses back up on Saturday. And they weren’t really following proper distancing protocols up to this point.

Do we even deserve to continue as a country?

9 Likes

I thought they were part of the midwestern bloc?

My mom says Kansas (specifically Wichita and surrounding cities) will be opening up soon, but I think it’s more because they haven’t been hit as hard as say, New York or California. Should it be okay for lightly affected places that don’t support as much hub travel to be able to reopen?
I mean Kansas City, MO would be a completely different story.

3 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t matter how hard hit you are now, it’s everywhere, and without massive testing and aggressive contact-tracing, still not possible even in smart states, you’re going to play a very ugly version of chess:

13 Likes

My mom and I both prefer the cautious route, but her new husband will be going back to full time work. I think they’ll be doing staggered shifts, though. It’s a law office.

5 Likes
16 Likes

This makes me so incredibly sad.

19 Likes

Yes. I too find it sad that the hospital labeled her a hero, instead of acknowledging that like its other workers, she was a victim.

21 Likes

I think it’s a translation error.

2 Likes

Trouble is: that’s not the only factor, and we usually don’t have a good estimate. Germany and South Korea were (are??) close to achieving that, but most other countries - no way. Not with the amount of testing applied.

For the record, the RKI shifted from suggesting only ill people with known SARS-CoV-2 contacts to suggesting that shortly anyone with some symptoms should be tested. That’s due to the diffusion process, for sure.

4 Likes