Ongoing Mpox Happenings and other epidemic news

Actually, as I think about this, this has potential to be a nightmare. Unlike the Ohio outbreak, which was very local, with kids exposed in and returning to a limited area, in this situation folks travelled from pretty much everywhere to this happening and then returned from whence they came. Based on the nature of the happening, it is a reasonable guess that they will return to conservative Christian communities, where resistance to vaccination is high, and expose others who are potentially vulnerable. Based on the exposure dates, if this is going to lead to problems, we should start hearing about it quite soon, time to prodrome is usually ~12 days, to rash ~14. Guess we shall see, but

Angry He Man GIF

(That’s either me raging or Death celebrating, you pick)

12 Likes

5 Likes
10 Likes

It seems to be pretty bad. Im working in Alaska this week but anyone I’ve had to reach back to for assistance is out with this stomach bug.

Wash your hands people!

10 Likes

Can testify. Seeing way too much in our office right now. Truly sucks.

11 Likes

200w

6 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

In this season’s unusual rise of iGAS, health officials suggest that the waves of flu and RSV may have enabled the bacteria’s spread and disease potential. Case reporting shows a tight link between both viruses’ spread and cases of iGAS in past years, as well as last year. And previous studies have also found that respiratory viruses and flu, specifically, can increase the risk of iGAS.

Get your flu shots, any who haven’t yet. It’s not too late.

11 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

No paywall: https://archive.ph/fvx10

8 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Like we need more to keep up with

4 Likes
9 Likes