Only old people say "LOL"

8 Likes

Why that animated thing-a-ma-bob is swell, just swell. Really, the bees knees.

5 Likes

Well, you sure know your onions, chickadee!

3 Likes

9/11 ruined radical for everyone :frowning:

3 Likes

I think 19th century anarchists ruined it for everyone! It just got revived in a non-political context in the 80sā€¦ erā€¦ you dig.

Yeah, this was all Usenet round here when I was a lad.

1 Like

ROFL

4 Likes

:octopus:

2 Likes

I only ever use ā€œlolā€ to indicate that I actually laughed out loud, which is a much rarer situation than those in which I would use ā€œhahaā€ or an emoji; those situations are more common because I use ā€œhahaā€ or an emoji to indicate that I recognize something as humorous but not laugh-inducing. Since I reserve ā€œlolā€ usage for true hilarity, ā€œlolā€ will appear to be statistically rarer if you analyzed my personal digital discourses. I think the correlation with age indicates that younger users simply have higher standards for laughter.

2 Likes

I used to use [grin] with one of my favorite email correspondents. He was also my last holdout for the proper anti-Outlook top-down threading.

1 Like

nope, bae = Before Anyone Else.

3 Likes

Ah! I stand corrected! Thanks!

BAe= British Aerospace.

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œjaphroaig, post:14, topic:63522, full:trueā€]
Can someone, in English, explain bae and on fleek plz?[/quote]
Iā€™m one of the aforementioned olds, so maybe I shouldnā€™tā€¦ but ā€œbaeā€ means ā€œpoopā€ in Danish but has been corrupted to a way of expressing fondness. ā€œOn fleekā€ means ā€œon pointā€ but I donā€™t know the etymology, and the Google fails me.

1 Like

oh deary dear >:D
so now i am gonna start using bae and on fleek in casual conversations.

1 Like

5 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: :seedling: :parking: :information_source: :construction: :arrow_right_hook:
:heavy_plus_sign: :poodle: :information_source: :moneybag:
:information_source: :moneybag:
:heavy_plus_sign: :o: :o:
:heavy_plus_sign: :information_source: :part_alternation_mark: :e-mail:
:copyright: :o: :leo: :moneybag: :ophiuchus: :part_alternation_mark: :information_source: :ng:

9 Likes

Tubular. (Naw, thatā€™s never coming back.)

And ā€œheheheā€ is for the illiterate.

How aboutā€¦

15 Likes