Oops! Florida apologizes for sending entire state an emergency alert test at 4:45am

…so far

2 Likes

I was awake at that time due to (South) Florida’s other major problem going on right now (not getting as much national attention as Puddin’s spat with the mouse). Near on two weeks after the major flooding that hit us, the gas supply chain is still broken. Most gas stations are closed because there’s no gas, and those that do have gas have crazy long lines where the people in the lines are getting…well…crazy! So my happy ass is up at 4 to find a gas station that has gas before the lines get out of control.

So maybe work on that, Ron, and not picking fights with the entity that brings in (far) more money to your state than any other.

7 Likes

we have one in six days time… allegedly…

testing testing testing

I’m impressed that FL resisted the urge to gaslight “This is not a test” to make the test more realistic.

We in the UK get our first ever test alert message this Sunday, at 3pm.

Thinking of running a book on how long the first screw-up of this type takes.

(Though it appears that it’s not been subcontracted to Capita, so that lengthens the odds a bit.)

2 Likes

Over 10 years now. Phones are not the only way. I have a weather radio etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.