Oops! Florida apologizes for sending entire state an emergency alert test at 4:45am

Originally published at: Oops! Florida apologizes for sending entire state an emergency alert test at 4:45am | Boing Boing

5 Likes

they sure as hell did! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

21 Likes

What, did someone have a book or something?

13 Likes

The entire state? Hmm, it’s a small world after all.

4 Likes

I too was WOKE by DeSantis’ government.

21 Likes

Aha, this is the woke they are against? I’m inclined to agree.

11 Likes

remembers accidental ‘incoming missile alert’ for state of Hawaii several years back Yep, checks out.

14 Likes

It was at least good to hear, just once, that the entire state of Florida got woke today.

11 Likes

oh! were that that were true, comrade!

10 Likes

It woke me up, but I could not focus my eyes to read it, so I went back to sleep.

3 Likes

Wonder how many Floridians ran outside packing heat?

5 Likes

i laugh, but shit, man. you have hit on an unfortunate truth with that observation.
i went back to sleep.

10 Likes

I’ve had emergency alerts go off when I’m sleeping - never for an actual emergency effecting me, but it sure will get you up and moving.

I turned all emergency alert stuff off on my phone and have left it off after the first time. No regrets.

3 Likes

Wireless in the sense of mobile phones.

1 Like

until you have to plug them in.

i had one go off at work, while on top of a ladder, plucking a box from overhead. i did not fall, miracles of miracles.

wow they are loud.

4 Likes

Exactly! 99% of the time I am <2feet away from my phone and i have everything turned way down. Most alerts just buzz. My ringer isn’t even loud. The alert signal is at 11!

2 Likes

Florida Man wakes Florida Men and Women.

6 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes