Oregon is the first state to decriminalize all illegal drugs

Yeah, and to clarify – “learn to tolerate” was of course a bit of a euphemism for “quickly realize they don’t give a shit about me and don’t actually present me with any threat whatsoever.”

I continue to get frustrated when I see intelligent* folks on TV refer to “red states” and “blue states” when it’s patently clear that the issue is urban/multicultural vs. rural/white monoculture, and the varying shades of suburbs in-between.

* I’m less and less convinced

3 Likes

When that insight hits, life suddenly gets a lot simpler. I remember where I was standing when it hit me in my late teens. “Holy shit, I’m just not interesting to them!” It was very liberating.

Hi Random Dude. My Portland point of view - there weren’t a lot of riots; there was a lot of sensationalistic publicity. The police and Trump-sent Fed Troops declared riots. There were a lot of demonstrations, most peaceful, some funny (using leaf blowers to blow back tear gas to the police.) Yes more vandals now late at night than protesters. But most of this was confined to three square blocks downtown. The rest of the city is lovely, some hipster, most ordinary folk. The rest of the state is beautiful, full of ordinary folk. What gets the news are the far right extremists. I have peculiar looking friends who say people just seem to accept them when they go out to Eastern Oregon, but in the cities the hipsters and “non-binary” activists give them lots of guff and questions about their politics. My point of view.

5 Likes

I go wherever there is nature, kindness, many things legal, no conservatives, and no heavy handed law enforcement teargassing children.

Yeah, I saw the videos of the riots in Portland but I know that most of that was actually instigated by the shit that Trump pulled. The black vans, and I remember the leafblower moms.

Sounds chill enough to go check out.

1 Like

Damn it, just when we were about to win The War On Drugs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.