Original tombstones return to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/12/original-tombstones-return-to.html

3 Likes

At least it was just the headstones that were removed.

8 Likes

We should write epitaphs for each other.

“Here lies Frauenfelder, Mark.
He writes no more: the coffin’s dark.”

“Here that guy Brainspore rests eternal.
That’s just his urn. It’s NOT a urinal.”

“'Twas heart failure took down Rob Beschizza.
The safecracker’s bill was a wicked pissah.”

I’d do more, but there’s a meeting…

10 Likes

Well, at least the family relation finally explains Cory’s obsession with the Haunted Mansion.

Cory really isn’t nearly obsessed enough. If there were a few Haunted Mansion (and other Disneyland) posts on BB a day, it still wouldn’t be enough.

2 Likes

I think that it’s John Frost’s grandfather, not Cory’s.

FYI you guys write about Haunted Mansion so much that I now have a recurring dream about going even though I’ve never been. This isn’t necessarily a complaint. It’s better than my usual teeth-falling-out-while-I-also-can’t-find-the-bathroom dream.

5 Likes

Are you planning to ever visit the Happiest Place on Earth? Even with its flaws, it’s still the Happiest Place on Earth.

3 Likes

I went as a child to Disney World, and had the best time. I even met Mickey Mouse! What are the chances!?!?
My parents definitely decided that a Haunted Mansion was too scary for 5 year old me.

3 Likes

Cory D. Lies Under This Rock
Felled by a Heavy Writer’s Block

Our Good Friend Mark, Sadly Dead
An Unhappy Mutant Ate His Head

9 Likes

On Caturday did Xeni fall,
Those kitties are carniv’rous, y’all.

Dear Falcor choked upon a troll,
And rests now 'neath this grassy knoll.

7 Likes

If you like Disney at all, you can absolutely have a good time at Disneyland as an adult. I haven’t been since 2005, when I moved away from Southern California, and I am pining to go back. There’s a group that does a thing called Dapper Days, twice a year; I want to do that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.