Oscar Mayer stops dicking around with the Wienermobile's name

Originally published at: Oscar Mayer stops dicking around with the Wienermobile's name | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I blame Frank in marketing.

IMG_0137

12 Likes

This reminds me of the IHOP/IHOB name change silliness a few years ago. I’m sure that it was always meant to be a temporary marketing gimmick that would stoke cries of outrage among the public and score them a bunch of free publicity, just as this article is doing now.

And a lot of people realized this from the beginning:

11 Likes

9 Likes

It’s almost as if it was intended to be a temporary name change all along.

4 Likes

Ooooooh, that coachwork is soooooo hot! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1_Wienermobile_of_Love_Chapel

2 Likes

This from a region that saw sage burning in recent wildfires. Makes no franken sense:

1 Like

Bonus:

Bonus bonus:

Just look at it!

12 Likes

It’s all a bunch of baloney.

8 Likes

Like new C̶o̶c̶k̶ Coke

4 Likes

I remember seeing it once on the road in New Jersey and how funny that was. It’s a ridiculous, phallic-looking thing, and Oscar Mayer should just embrace that. You can’t get away from the fact that hot dogs and sausages look like penises, so let’s just get over that and enjoy this goofy car.

1 Like

3 Likes

PEA
The license plate says PEA.
tophat-biggrin

2 Likes

PEA? Looks like Trumpty farted in a Reliant Robin. 0_o

Are you insulting the beloved pea-car?

2 Likes

Pekar was awesome. :grin:

Okay, the Reliant Robin maybe not so much.

Rolling a Reliant Robin Funny Moments (Episode 1) - Top Gear

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like
1 Like

And now the question is why MotorTrend published two versions by two different writers on the same day. Or is this a thing for MotorTrend? I’m not a regular reader.

1 Like

The Motor Trend version of the Reboing, perhaps?

ETA: Who TF spells roly-poly “rolly-pollie” ???!!!
rabbit-3-smiley-110 pissed

I’m a-thankin’ you for defendin’ mah honor, and that of the beloved pea-car, Ma’am.

Chevrolet’s FNR is a space-age self-driving concept to debut in Shanghai (2015)

1 Like