Own your own two-headed calf taxidermy

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/05/own-your-own-two-headed-calf-t.html

I’ve been wondering what to put in my entryway.

For the record, I’m still wondering because that thing ain’t stepping hoof in my house.

7 Likes

Life imitating art?

Pic link seems broken, so…

4 Likes

Fifteen thousand dollars? You can manufacture these things with a fertile cow and a little polonium, easy peasy.

3 Likes

“Directory of wonderful things” indeed…

/s

1 Like

Nope. I need food. Can I eat that?

1 Like

There’s a 2-butted lamb in the Jackson County (Iowa) Historical Society:

1 Like

Probably hard, hard jerky, but I need to eat…

might be relevant to this discussion:

of course there is a part 2 if you’re curious.

I can’t spend fifteen large on it, but there’s no upper limit to the number of browsers I’d elbow aside to plunk down fifty bucks for that thing at a yard sale. 1,001 uses!!!

1 Like

The Frontier Times Museum in Bandera, Texas, has a two-headed kid goat, as well as a skull (or skulls) of some creature (or creatures… you get the idea) that apparently lived for some time (two partially separated skulls). Since it’s easy enough to imagine the goat, I present the skull/s:

Double Header

Museum’s highly recommended, by the way. Every time I went, it was chock full of stuff. They show everything they have, and the only things you don’t see are buried under the things you do see. There’s even a Spanish copper spike that my grandfather found on his ranch.

I heard they were undergoing some reorganization, partly because some things were falling apart. I hope this doesn’t mean they’re turning into the Nouvelle Cuisine sort of museum that I hate: “Here is a single artifact, displayed on a clean white pedestal in an otherwise barren room. Try to enjoy its puritan simplicity.”

1 Like

You can get one for seven quid from the Bowes Museum.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.