Owner of a 7-Eleven arrested for selling homemade hand sanitizer that burned kids' skin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/owner-of-a-7-eleven-arrested-f.html

3 Likes

That means those kids are witches. God bless Manisha for exposing Satan’s consorts!
Pat Robinson should include a bottle of this miracle spray in his end times buckets!

8 Likes

Manisha Bharade (47) of New Jersey

Dude is all mobbed up, and sh!t.

6 Likes

If it isn’t burning your skin, it isn’t killing the virus.

That and other myths, next up on News at 11.

3 Likes

I saw a picture someone had posted to twitter, of a sign a pharmacy had put on the shelves after clearly having run out of hand sanitizer. They had instructions on mixing aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol to make your own - the problem was, they had obviously reversed the proportions of the two, which meant the resulting mixture would have been totally worthless (and thus actually dangerous). I’m not sure which is worse.

4 Likes

Rubbing alcohol…doesn’t belong at all? Would gutter cruor be something that could be proofed up to 60% at all for that matter? And then giving kids the stuff to use in the first place would FINGER THE PERSON TO ACTUALLY ARREST rather than redirect to liability law. Gangit…I mean…look, I just want to see the nanogold pthalate light-makes-ROS sanitary counters thing set up and just maybe a nice scrubbing valoration thing, that would be fun. For a while.

2 Likes

Perhaps she was just trying to teach these kids how to start a fire with their bare hands?

2 Likes

Isopropyl alcohol is absolutely what goes into hand sanitizer that will kill off coronaviruses; it just can’t be diluted much to have the recommended percentage of alcohol in the final mixture. The store in question was suggesting 1 part alcohol to five parts aloe, which would have resulted in a mixture with barely any alcohol in it at all, far far less than what would be required to be effective. But the reverse proportions, given the proof of the isopropyl alcohol they were selling, would have been good.

6 Likes

Franchise lease holder of a 7-Eleven…

1 Like

Here is the instrument of cleansing, my brethren. And nothing quite cleanses like fire.

3 Likes

Blimey, that one on the right looks too much like Jimmy ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ Saville. And one needs hand - and brain - sanitiser just for having been forced to think about him again.

1 Like

That movie gave me the worst recurring nightmares of my childhood. Now I’ve gotta watch something fun before bed tonight! :unicorn:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.