Owner of Jekyll and Hyde theme restaurant faces up to 30 years in prison for using COVID relief money to buy Nantucket home

Originally published at: Owner of Jekyll and Hyde theme restaurant faces up to 30 years in prison for using COVID relief money to buy Nantucket home | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Odds that this guy at some point posted something on social media about how “no one wants to work these days”?

24 Likes

Yeah, about that…

11 Likes

Weird confluence of things here… My wife and I went to that place ages ago and it was pretty neat, despite the owner apparently being a world class a-hole.

Also… this particular news relates to my day job in a way that lets me happy to sleep at night because I have a tiny part in these people getting found.

11 Likes

Was Titus Andromedon unavailable for comment?

2 Likes

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt But I Already Did Something Today GIF

1 Like

He’s also part of the reason small-time workers like myself had to go through a more-than-rigorous RETROACTIVE vetting process just to prove we were qualified to have received the aid we did. Folks like him put me through 9 months of unnecessary stress over it, worrying about having to pay back the money at a very high interest rate. :rage:

10 Likes

man, so much fraud happened with those funds, and they really could’ve done some real good for small businesses. meanwhile, my business got a small grant from our city – which totally saved our ass! – but later we were blindsided to learn that while they called it a “grant,” and it’s true we didn’t have to repay it (whew!), what we didn’t realize until later was that we had to pay tax on the money we received, which ended up being quite a chunk. luckily we had savings enough to cover it, but omg. anyway, fraudsters need to burn.

6 Likes

White collar criminals are a tragically under-executed demographic.

4 Likes

I have found that the darker the lighting in the restaurant the worse the food. I’m surprised he ever managed to keep two locations open.

I went to a Jekyll & Hyde-themed restaurant in NYC in 1997. If this is the same place, I am astonished it lasted so long. The food and service were mediocre, and who TF is that much into J&H anyway?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.