Covid relief loan recipient enjoyed $150k shopping spree, say cops

Originally published at: Covid relief loan recipient enjoyed $150k shopping spree, say cops | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The heavy-duty Covid loan fraud was, however, [legally accomplished by large corporations and family members of the former President.]

It is the American way…

25 Likes

That’s small time thievery!

In Canada, Big Telecom took about $240 million in wage relief, then increased their dividends and laid people off.

15 Likes

Falsehood, Injustice and the Grifters’ Way.

7 Likes

These stories are red herrings intended to discredit important programs.

Tell me macro numbers about fraud rates or total percentages of dollars to fraudulent claims or GTFO.

The covid relief loans were crucial to many many small businesses and one a-hole going to Nordstrom is meaningless.

9 Likes

By immediately spending all the money in stores, they did help businesses, didn’t they?

6 Likes

And everybody knows…

5 Likes

If I had a $150,000 shopping spree I’d buy exactly two items. My wife and my student loans completely paid off. Hell, that would leave me $30,000 but I’d throw it away just to get those paid.

1 Like

Wait, what?

3 Likes

Lady absconded with $150,000 and had a shopping spree. I was musing on what I’d do with money like that.

I got that, I just thought the phrasing was amusing because it made it sound like your first purchase would be a spouse.

1 Like

Ha! Yes. Legal state here. My words to not word sometimes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.