Ozzy Osbourne retires from touring because of declining health

Originally published at: Ozzy Osbourne retires from touring because of declining health | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Given how much he’s abused his body, it’s amazing he’s made it to 74 years old!

Black Sabbath Clapping GIF

18 Likes

Those tickets came from my friend and Sabbath lawyer Jeff Greenberg who has since passed away. Thinking of him…with healing thoughts to Ozzy.

15 Likes

He and Keith Richards need to donate their bodies to science after they die.

ETA: If they ever die.

12 Likes

“So I went to the doctor to see what he could give me. He said sorry son, you’ve gone too far, cause smoking and tripping is all you do. Yeahhhhhhhh!”

8 Likes

18 Likes

Sharon’s pretty sure he’ll be fine and should just suck it up and start the @^# tour.

4 Likes

I’ve always found Ozzy much easier to understand when he sings.

This is my most favoritest clip of Ozzy.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Saw Ozzy a couple times in 2006-7, and had super low expectations based on seeing his incoherence on his TV show. Boy was I in for a surprise; he fucking rocked it harder and better than anyone I’ve seen (ever). Clear, sharp, ON, jumping around. Seriously the best. I can understand how this must gut him, because he is 100% alive on stage.

Side fact of the day: Did you know that Keith Richards is only 79? In my head he’s 90-something-infinity, so it’s weird to learn he’s not actually ancient.

6 Likes

Saw Ozzy twice when I was a sophomore in high school - they’d played either Cobo Hall or the Joe Louis Arena in Downtown Detroit, then not long after they came back to Michigan, & played Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor. Both shows were amazing of course, because he still had the godly Randy Rhodes with him. It was the Diary of a Madman tour.

Ozzy kicks ass, despite his rather thin & reedy voice.

7 Likes

The 74-year-old Osbourne, who has been battling health issues for years and recently announced he was stepping away from touring, was not present at the ceremony, but producer Andrew Watt and collaborator/Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo accepted the award on his behalf. Watt shared a message from Osbourne, noting he wanted to say, “I love you all and f*** off.”

5 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing

Joining Welcome Home GIF

3 Likes

That’s like 160 in rock star years.

7 Likes

I saw him play first on April 1, 1982 at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA, the first show after Randy’s death. I’m sure it was hard for him, but he still brought it. Absolute legend.

I saw him a second time in 1986 at Monsters of Rock at Donington Castle Speedway. Coincidentally, this was the first show Rick Allen played with Def Leppard after his accident. Fantastic show from everybody that day. (Including a brief interlude when a gentleman in the crowd threw a lit flare up on stage while Mötorhead was playing and Lemmy paused the show to invite him up on stage to chat about it. His offer was declined, however, and they resumed playing.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.