Ozzy Osbourne sells bat plushie with detachable head

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/22/ozzy-osbourne-sells-bat-plushi.html

2 Likes

Trot out all the eyewitnesses you want, I still think it’s an urban legend.

1 Like

How soon until Alice Cooper sells a pull-apart plushie chicken?

5 Likes

I wonder what became of Mark Neal? Did the spell succeed?

3 Likes

Crazy, but that’s how it goes.

6 Likes

I vaguely recall an Ozzy interview from many years ago wherein he stated that he did bite a bat’s head off thinking it was a fake.

4 Likes

i clearly remember when it happened. it was all over the news. there’s video clips. it’s definitely not an urban legend.

but anyway: oh, ozzy… just… NO.

6 Likes

Related joke for anime fans:

6 Likes

I saw a KISS four pack of those Itty Bitty plushes at Halmark the other day. I think they and Ozzy need to lose some of their rock and roll cred on these items…

4 Likes

Clearly a choking hazard Ozzy.

Does it squirt “blood”?

3 Likes

Maybe the success of the bat plushie will spur Ozzy to offer an Alamo-shaped urinal.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he only vaguely recalls the incident too, if at all. I mean, just imagine how bad of a drug problem someone would need to have for it to get them fired from a heavy metal band in 1979?

7 Likes

I remember Ozzy saying that he used to bite the heads off of doves once in awhile so when the bat was thrown on stage he either thought it was a dead dove or a rubber bat (his story is a little vague, but I doubt he remembers much from back then very clearly).

4 Likes

Did Ozzy do something naughty at the Alamo? I don’t have a deep Ozzy-related knowledge-base.

2 Likes

He peed on the Alamo (actually the monument to fallen Texans next to the Alamo) back in 1982. It was dark, he was drunk and didn’t know where he was. They banned him from San Antonio for several years.

Best part: he was wearing his wife’s dress, as she hid his clothes to keep him from going out partying. Nice try, Sharon.

7 Likes

Completely apropos gesture IMHO, whether he knew what he was doing or not. Santa Ana was a shit, but so were the pro-slavery Texians.

4 Likes
5 Likes

LOL!

As a progressive 4th-generation Texan, I’m on board with Texas history getting some proper revision and Texas itself getting schooled with rolled-up sleeves. Outside of the city folk and a few rural ones, I never met such backward-thinking people.

2 Likes

I’d rather have an Ozzy toy with a head that comes off.
(I’ve nothing against either Ozzy OR bats, I admire them both)

4 Likes

I’d be happy if they just settled on “Longhorn state” or “Lone Star state”-- can’t be both. I don’t care how big the state is, choose one.