Palestinian negotiator on Jared Kushner, Mideast peace envoy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/17/palestinian-negotiator-on-jare.html

10 Likes

Back from vacation, hi

35 Likes

Jared Kushner, an idiot son-in-law nepotism hire for all of America.

27 Likes

malcheers

24 Likes

I love the exchange of “No…by all means, educate me” and the response of dismissiveness.

Well played Saeb Erekat. Well played.

34 Likes

MjAxNC0zZGU2OTYwYTJlYTYwMjgz

17 Likes

Real mature. Definitely a chip off the old block.

15 Likes

I heard Donald Trump is a great (perhaps “the greatest”) negotiator, maybe he should step in and handle this whole “mid-east peace” thingy. How hard could it be?

14 Likes

Ah yes, the old technique of “I’m louder than you so i’m obviously right”. Kushner can go shove it.

25 Likes

I know that’s a joke, but I have to say that this mind set is a major part of the problem - that Jews and Muslims (or Muslims and the west) have somehow always been in conflict… it’s just not the case. The Arab-Israeli conflict conflict for one example, has a relatively recent vintage, and it does have possible solutions. Maybe not easy ones or ones that make everyone happy, but there ARE solutions. What helps keep the conflict going is that certain players are benefiting from the chaos on the ground on both sides. It keeps certain people empowered, so they have no incentive to do the hard work to solve the actual problems.

47 Likes

Dude gives nepotism a bad name.

23 Likes

“This White House needs giant statesmen, not real estate agents."

Sick burn, bro.

27 Likes

You are correct only if you define “recent” as meaning “since the Pyramids were built.” That entire part of the world has always been a cock pit with every tribe and petty kingdom against every other since language was invented. Yes there are solutions, but the Arabs and Palestinians have proven again and again and again that the only solution they are willing to accept is one that involves the end of Israel. Please read a history book

1 Like

47 Likes

That part of the world is literally the birthplace of what is popularly referred to by the term “human civilization.”

The person you directed this comment at is an actual historian.

57 Likes

Fixed that for you?

13 Likes

You should take your own advice. We are talking 1500 years of history here and within that time empires have been built and fallen. Many times there were kingdoms where the Jews were accepted and even protected under Islamic rule.

Conversely, you can find anti-Semitic laws and out right slaughter of Jews under European Christian rule. Fun fact, the first acts of violence under the banner of the First Crusade was to kill a bunch of Jews in Germany.

28 Likes

23 Likes

Prince-piano-what-did-I-hear

dude… I have a phd in history and one of my minor fields was the Islamic world. I actually know what of I speak… The Mediterranean world has had no more or less conflict than the rest of the world. The specific conflicts happening TODAY are of recent vintage and there are solutions to these problems, but too many people are benefiting from the conflict, from local leaders to international leaders, to arms dealers.

Except for all the ones who have accepted the reality of the Israeli state, but they don’t fit your narrative, so you can ignore them and keep imagining that all of “those people” just love violence and are the ONLY ones keeping this conflict going, when the reality is that there are plenty of figures inside the Israeli government who ALSO are keeping this conflict going for their own reasons.

73 Likes

Europeans during the crusades were pretty equal opportunity slaughterers… lest we forget the sack of Constantinople…

37 Likes