Pandemic reveals continued existence of Taster's Choice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/24/pandemic-reveals-continued-exi.html

5 Likes

17 Likes
12 Likes

Has your father tried

6 Likes

I grabbed some Nescafe last week realizing our supply of fresh coffee beans would only last six weeks even if we rationed it.

8 Likes

I’ll let Dave Grohl and his known love of coffee properly display my disgust.

8 Likes

Pandemic reveals continued existence of Taster’s Choice

I’m continuing to exist right now!

11 Likes

Taster’s (for when you have no other) Choice.

12 Likes

Same here— and I bought…Taster’s Choice!

5 Likes

desperate

11 Likes

We’re rationing, also; 2 cups/day each, max.

Along that line, I’ve never given much cred to sealed coffee bean bags’ ‘freshest by’ dates, that is, as far as the makers’ helpful advice that just happens to double for “consume this fast so you can buy more”. We still have a couple of 32oz. unopened bags of Major Dickason’s Blend beans, purchased several weeks ago before all hell broke loose. Once opened, we’ll get a bagful into our vacuum-seal container (as usual), and – as usual – that will extend the beans’ potency a couple of more months. My bottom line: With good storage, beans can be stretched potency-wise.

4 Likes

This is bringing on a flashback of TV commercials in the 70s for General Foods International Coffees. I never saw one in person, but I think they were dainty little cans of instant coffee form exotic places that would seriously frown upon the GF bastardization of their local brews.

7 Likes

You may want to check the expiration date.

4 Likes

I have to admit: I pack those International Coffee instant tins when we go to the cabin. It’s not quite coffee but an incredible (ok, drinkable) simulation.

1 Like

As I can’t load up on the caffeine anymore I would keep a jar of decaf instant at my desk.
Taster’s Choice is much better than most of the other stuff.

7 Likes

Same.

6 Likes

Instant coffee is great on ice cream.

6 Likes

I unfortunately had to go to the hospital for two nights this past weekend and I believe that this was the “coffee” that they served me.

3 Likes

Hope your parents are well and stay that way. Mine are well, but i’m keeping some distance away from them.

4 Likes

I haven’t any idea how I pulled this off, but I bought 5 lbs of espresso beans prior to the lock down.
So My Dear Wife and I are all set on caffeine.

It’s also helping with the 4 cords of fire wood that need chopping / splitting / stacking…

8 Likes