Parliament ponders letting US immigration strip-search Canadians in Canadian airports, force them to explain immigration withdrawals

So, how exactly are Canadians extra privileged for border crossing? Is there a visa on arrival (or I guess departure) type arrangement?

1 Like

I for one have seen phoenominal people of all races, genders, and nationalities. And that’s my Mike drop.

4 Likes

Having to explain immigration withdrawals? I thought we wanted fewer immigrants.

3 Likes

Now look what you did:

You tell him you’re sorry!

9 Likes

Ah, vice president pence while I strongly, strongly disagree with your policies, morals, and ethics, I feel empathy for your sadness.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but somehow I imagine that he closed his ears and nostrils in this photo as well, like a platypus (I looked it up). Just seal everything up, don’t let the mean words in.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s just Canadians …

pre-clearance is bloody useful, especially if you’re making a connection at your port of entry.

1 Like

It’s pointless anyway. Well, no legitimate point anyway.

Meanwhile in Ireland …

http://humanrights.ie/international-lawinternational-human-rights/q-a-us-preclearance-procedures-in-ireland-and-the-us-presidential-executive-order/

2 Likes

But under new rules that were first mooted in a joint agreement between former PM Harper and former President Obama

This says a lot about the difference between Canada and the US; that Obama was a “good” American President, and Harper was a “bad” Canadian Prime Minister.

5 Likes

I don’t know. What would Obama have done had he had a Democrat majority in both houses? On the one hand, someone doing his best despite the craziness of the elected representatives; on the other someone doing his worst despite their sanity.

It’s a bit like the Russian situation; whatever you think of Putin, you just have to look at people like Zhirinovsky in the Duma and realise how much worse it could be. And the British situation; an estimated 450 MPs don’t really want to leave the EU but are being dragged along by an administration run by knuckle-draggers and the threats of the tabloid Press.

2 Likes

I was actually at a rock show a few weeks back where this was a part of the performance. The naked lady on stage having a ribbons pulled from between her legs was a interlude in a magic trick including the correct card being revealed taped to the penis of the bass-player. It was epic and confusing!

5 Likes

Work with corrupt centre-right Dems to pass a healthcare bill so thoroughly compromised by corporate lobbyists that it would generate massive protests if suggested in a country with a functioning public health system?

Obama did have a majority in both houses. His lack of effectiveness with it is part of why he lost it.

3 Likes

Now THAT is what I’d like to see on a TV talent show!

2 Likes

strip-search Canadians

Good name for a song.

It would be interesting if Canada put the US on a restricted list for being hostile. Might cause quite a few issues there.

3 Likes

Give it time

Please wait until after I escape the country. I don’t want to be stuck here in Jesusland.

1 Like

That’s the title of a Ben Folds song. It is from the perspective of Jesus himself had he been dropped into some some city in the heart of Jesusland. “Billboards quoting things you’d never say. You hang your head and pray.”

2 Likes

Untrue, the entire world has seen Pamela Anderson naked in one form or another.

6 Likes