Particularly odd ASMR video featuring young woman "pressing buttons on your face"

Originally published at: Particularly odd ASMR video featuring young woman "pressing buttons on your face" | Boing Boing

Goodnight Moon is one of the best. Especially her Babblebrook series. Lots of creativity and production value.

2 Likes

I have yet to encounter an ASMR video that doesn’t feel like nails being dragged down blackboards. I actually start feeling irrationally angry, and I am not easy to anger.

2 Likes

Ugh. I hate ASMR videos with talking. The mouth pops and clicks illicit a very strong anger response.
I’m not much into ASMR video over all, but I do like the Nomad Barber ones. They are rather soothing.

1 Like

OK, that one… no anger, but also no soothing. Just… confusion.

1 Like

It kind of depends on the settings. The ones on the streets of India are interesting, but noisy. Others that are inside buildings tend to be quieter and more relaxed. I think I like the feeling of sort of being there, hearing the scrap of the blade, the cut of the scissors.

It’s not technically ASMR, but having lived in Japan for a little while, everything about this makes me feel relaxed and happy:

I tried some nature-based ASMR, found someone just brushing their hands across grass, and just felt annoyed again

I’ve noticed: ASMR be gettin’ weird. Since it doesn’t require any resources to make a video, plenty of people do it, and then they struggle to distinguish themselves (especially since the old videos are still there and presumably people re-watch them, so the number of videos just increases continuously). As a result you get weird niches and bizarre scenarios with (implied) narratives that are… something else.

So, how long until this is pushed to Amazon workers as mental healthcare?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.