Patton Oswalt critiques his top and bottom 5 science fiction films

Originally published at: Patton Oswalt critiques his top and bottom 5 science fiction films | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“Beige Trek”

laugh

14 Likes

I haven’t seen all the movies he talked about, but I’d generally agree with his assessments for the ones I have seen.

That was a great reminder that I need to rewatch Close Encounters. I think I’ve only seen it once as an adult, and that was probably 20 years ago. That movie always really freaked me out as a kid, though.

4 Likes

Coherence is really good, and the only special effects are actors with identical twins

2 Likes

Are we cool with Patton now? Was his stepping away from Chappelle a believably heartfelt action?

3 Likes

I hope so :angry:

4 Likes

The Hollywood Theatre here in Portland showed a 70mm print of Close Encounters a few years ago. It held up great, and my teenaged daughter loved the movie.

This is in direct contrast to us going to watch 2001. I love that movie, but I had apparently blocked just how long the psychedelic portion of the movie is towards the end. It felt like it was an hour long. Probably better with drugs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.