Paul McCartney takes James Corden on a tour through Liverpool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/22/paul-mccartney-takes-james-cor.html

6 Likes

Paul’s a good sort of chap.

11 Likes

Totally obligatory:

8 Likes

That was a really wonderful video (I just happened to finish watching it this morning).

I was just talking about the Beatles with my kid last week. She asked me what modern musicians would still be listened to in the future like Bach or Mozart is today. Other than The Beatles, I couldn’t think of any sure things. Maybe Elvis, maybe Led Zeppelin, maybe Willie Nelson. But The Beatles are a sure thing.

Now I want to learn how to play Let it Be on my guitar…

12 Likes

I think Sir Paul becomes even cooler with age…

9 Likes

oof. i tired of the beatles years ago, but what an amazing experience this would have been. i saw a woman at the end in tears, and yeah, i would definitely be like her. talk about a living legend.

2 Likes

I watched this last night and it was a great stunt. The reactions of the unsuspecting public were great - like the folks in the barber shop where Paul got his beatle cut - picture of it still on the wall. And the reaction of everybody in the pub when beatles songs played on the jukebox yielded a live performance of the same song right there!

4 Likes

My face hurts from smiling like a goddam goof for 23 minutes. Cried at the end too.

9 Likes

Even with the video proof of there being a few dozen punters (at most) in that pub, I’ll bet there’ll eventually be hundreds or thousands of Liverpudlians telling anyone who’ll listen about the time that they were in their local pub when fookin’ Paul McCartney played!

3 Likes

Maybe Pink Floyd.

Right? He made some peoples day/week/month/year there. And that woman who interprets at his childhood home, glad she showed up for work that day I’d think.

1 Like

i’d say “day/week/month/year/LIFE”!

2 Likes

That was truly exceptional. Fastest 23 minutes in late night and worth every second spent watching! Corden was on cloud nine and he took all of us there too.

The last exchange about Let It Be was where I finally broke down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.