Peak no-fucks-given Jeff Sessions boosts asset forfeitures

Well, actually it a small-government scheme as well, as a lot of this happens with good-old local boys on the state and city level. In fact, a lot of the worst abuses happen locally, so to somehow use this as an argument against “big government” is kinda gross and disingenuous. But if we have to bluster with partisan language while actually achieving non-partisan ends, well, so be it in this case.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Is it wrong that i liked your post because she’s hot?

Usually yes. Not a fan, sorry

The problems America is having with civil forfeiture are because of the government’s place on the representative vs. corrupt spectrum rather than the small vs. big spectrum. But, yeah, if people are like, “The government is coming to take my guns!” then they might as well fight civil forfeiture since that’s the only way it could practically happen.

3 Likes

Civil forfeiture is one of the things that is SO awful that there is bipartisan opposition to it.

3 Likes

So awful that the Trump administration thinks we need more of it?

1 Like

Thomas for one is chomping at the bit to strike it down.

(great comment: “I bet a determined person could find evidence of ongoing drug dealing in one of Trump’s hotels. Then it would be subject to forfeiture. I’m sure he would gladly take the hit for the sake of law and order.”)

12 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Great! I had him picked as next to go in my pool.

3 Likes

Peak no-fucks-given and “we’re all redshirts here”? Paging Dr. McCoy:

11 Likes

I had him on my short list of those who need an evil voodoo curse to befall them.

1 Like

That’s not what’s meant by “big gov’t” in this context. Even when it refers to size, it’s referring to power.

2 Likes

Yes. But since she’s about to end the world, that doesn’t really matter much in the grand scheme of things, does it?

1 Like

Well, I’m glad we’ve cleared that up. :roll_eyes:

After 30 seconds of Google, I gather that means making people’s lives better. It’s too bad Jeffy thinks the government shouldn’t be making people’s lives better.

1 Like

It’s your prerogative to be attracted to whomever, I found her attractive as well but felt no need to declare it to the masses.

5 Likes

immanentize the eschaton in the right wing christian parlance refers to bringing about the end times, judgement day, the apocalypse - that sort of thing.

3 Likes

Oh. Well, in that case they’re doing a splendid job.

4 Likes
8 Likes