People in a study who snorted dried toad secretions once became happier for a month

Dried or Dyed? Is my computer the only one with spellchack?

5 Likes

who isn’t? Died toad is the best. Lived ones tend to hop away…

3 Likes

Dieghted.

2 Likes

From my own limited experience of DMT related compounds, I can see how they could be very helpful for some people (and indeed I know a number of people for whom they have been tremendously helpful), but they’re definitely not helpful for me…

1 Like

I can’t imagine what coming off of a frog high must be like.

I’m going to assume the headline meant to read as “dried” not “died”.

Otherwise I’d have had to post that punctuation might help.
People in a study who snorted, died. Toad secretions once became happier for a month.

Or that there were a couple of typos needing correction, too - died/dead, became/become.
People in a study. Who snorted dead toad secretions once? Become happier for a month.

Or that it was just the one simple typo - died for dead.
People in a study who snorted dead toad secretions once became happier for a month.
Prompting the question, what do dead toads secrete, exactly? (Eeeeuw.)

Yeah, it must have been dried.
OK. Was it the toads that were dried or just the secretions? Were the people once (i.e. at some unspecified time in the past) happier for a month?

Damn, I’m going to have to RTFA now. :wink:

(Sorry - I’m feeling especially perverse right now. It’s TV news time in UK and it’s all surreal fuckwittery.)

(ETA and now the headline has been corrected, I look like I’m hallucinating too! For info, later readers, it read as ‘died toad secretions’ for a day or so before it got corrected.)

7 Likes

No, no, it’s fine - the other 60% were doing fine, once they were institutionalized. Well, the ones that survived, anyways. (Seriously though, this is highly problematic. If there was no change at all for the other 60%, it’s a good therapy, but if there were negative outcomes, this gets bad, fast. And if you can’t say if there were negative outcomes…)

It’s actually some missing punctuation, not a spellchalk error. It should read: “People in a study who snorted, died - toad secretions once became happier.”

3 Likes

I hate to be ‘The Punctuation Police’… but…

2 Likes

I’m not NOT licking toads!

1 Like

11 Likes

Thank you! The bufotoxins are pretty nasty bits of business, and are related to cardiac glycosides. Not really something you want to take lightly.

Found this on the web as a pretty accessible resource:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/bufotoxin

1 Like

Did it died?

Sorry.

3 Likes

Dune%2C%20Gom%20Jabbar%2C%20Paul%20Atreides%2C%20Paul%20Muad'Dib%20-%20They%20Failed%2C%20They%20Tried%20and%20Died

10 Likes

Is the flavor described as hoppy?

12 Likes

Came here for a Discworld reference, was not disappointed.

5 Likes

What does increased life satisfaction, better mindfulness, and a decrease in psychopathological symptoms feel like. It’s been awhile, is why I’m asking.

3 Likes

“Man-toad love” is off the table, I assume.

4 Likes

Mmmmm - toads.

Also - everyone running for public office must be required to stay dosed on this while running for and fulfilling their term in office.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Don’t judge me!

3 Likes

100% of the toads in the study reported a sharp decrease in quality of life after they were dried and powdered.

2 Likes