People keep walking into the glass walls at the new Apple campus

But was the 6’1" man in the mirror you or your evil twin from the mirror universe? It makes a difference you know.

5 Likes

I gave them some of my blood and fingernail clippings to mix into the adhesive on the warning tape, so hopefully I’m covered either way…

That makes me realize how there is way too little dry-erase temporary graffiti in the world. I mean, unless there is, but it’s just been windexed off before I get there…

5 Likes

To be fair, the client was Apple.

6 Likes

“It has to look cool; never mind the impracticality!”

Like others who have opined on this, with enough obviously avoidable workers’ comp suits, the glass will be frosted soon enough.

3 Likes

“And never mind what the users want. We know best.”

4 Likes

Until it begins to cost them enough money, that is.

I wonder just how many workers comp claims it will actually take…

2 Likes

Definitely an upside to that. If enough folks run into the same spots frequently enough and with enough force and nobody cleans up then the bloodstains will help others avoid those spots. Sounds good to me.

I’d never be able to resist smuggling in one of those laser snowflake projectors. All those reflections and refractions would be interesting.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Those things are SHARP, and give me the heebie jeebies every time I see one left up.

Alternate solution; loosen the hinge a smidge so the blade drops down quickly of it’s own accord.

1 Like

They should surround the glass walls with nets

4 Likes

I cut the end of my thumb to the bone lengthwise with one of those devices in college. A 36" blade lets you get a lot of momentum and leverage going!

2 Likes

5 Likes

I see what you did, there.

2 Likes

I am so tired of glass architecture.

Hopefully the architects learned from the glass staircase debacle of 2011.

3 Likes

A POETic response!

1 Like

An emphasis on form ahead of function you say? Surely no one saw this coming.

2 Likes

follows robot opens door…
I had a similar error rate for following a coastline
around a headland and not knowing my heading (compass north)
but this kept happening as in fluffy logic

It’s funny people are saying this, because Apple used to be notable for the functional nature of their design! That’s a big part of what made iPhone such a huge hit – it was well designed and intuitive to use. But it seems like they’ve vanished up their own corporate ass in terms of design trumping functionality, and so on.

3 Likes