People over 55 are fastest-growing market for games

I don’t question elderly folks rockin’ out. My backyard neighbor is very grey, but totally shreds a guitar in his garage once in a while!

[But, yeah, the constant math fail in these types of studies/reports is damned silly.]

1 Like

Check Costco. They had the little cards you exchange at their locked delivery for the PS5 on display.

My local Costco has nothing on display for either PS5 or Xbox X, online only as far as reports from tracking websites and Costco’s own website say.

I haz a sad. Sorry – I saw them at our Costco on Sunday.

My fault for living in a college town near another college town near a large metro area I suppose.

I’m close to 50…but as in “recently passed it”. I was 8 when the Atari 2600 came out, probably 9 when our “family” got one (my Dada played it sometimes, my Mom didn’t play it until PacMan came out for it years later, and my sister was 3 and didn’t play it…but guess who sat in front of the TV and played Space Invaders, Surround, and (later) Star Raiders? Oh yeah, that 2600 was mine…)

So this “over 55” thing isn’t too surprising, they were teens then, and during the peak of the CoinOp Video Arcade Game era.

Or maybe it is surprising to me that they are “fast growing” as opposed to “firmly established”.

…and that reminds me I should go look for Star Raiders clones again to see if any of them are and good :slight_smile: …plus any sort of dungeon geomorphology rogue likes that might have cropped up in the last year or two…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.