People who paid a fortune for Bored Apes are now suing Sotheby’s, Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber, and others as NFT prices plummet

I don’t know… Looks more like an opportunity to quote T. S. Eliot.

4 Likes

Um, like, duh.

Would similar ever happen in the real art world? Basqiat is cool and all, but should his works fetch prices 30-50 times the lifetime wage slave earnings of an average American?

These hyperinflated prices are basically a means of laundering and hiding money, are they not?

To all of the extremely rich who lost money here, good, screw you anyway.

To any more normal person, I’m sorry, that freaking sucks.

6 Likes

A little unfair to compare NFTs to tulips - with a tulip you can at least enjoy a beautiful flower.

12 Likes

Does anyone know how the various Trump NFTs are doing? The combination of a crypto scam and TFG’s unparalleled business acumen must mean they have negative value by now.

4 Likes

May I offer 1 SEK (~0.1 $) for an NFT of this quote?
Favorite phrase for today!

3 Likes

Unless someone eats the bulb, mistaking it for an onion or shallot.

Come to think of it - those people who are being sued now, were they paid in NFTs for their contribution?

2 Likes

Not really true, but that’s a lie that con-men tell themselves to feel better than what they’ve done. Many, but not all cons revolve around getting the mark to believe not that there isn’t a con but that they are part of the con. Partly because this makes the targets of the con less likely to go to the police.

8 Likes

It’s missing the “Profit” step.

Oh yeah, right, we’re talking about NFT’s here.

3 Likes

Thanks for making my point and explaining the joke. You must be a ton of fun at parties.

Pop Tv What GIF by Schitt's Creek

Not sure what you have against Basquiat here, or what the very real problems of the high art market have to do with NFTs… I would say that they’re different issues.

So you’re saying you wouldn’t describe the Mona Lisa as “cool and all”?

/s

1 Like

:laughing:

2 Likes

That Mona Lisa was cool and all, but sometimes, so frosty!!

2 Likes

Not the tulips that were being sold, they were beautiful because they had a virus that changed the colours of the petals, that also made them weaker and less likely to reproduce.

Just in case you needed another reason to hate Nazis

6 Likes

Is there a solution for that?

3 Likes

So hawt!!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Leonardo is more of a leader, but Raphael could definitely be described as “cool, but rude”. I vaguely remember some documentary on the subject.

6 Likes

High Five Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles GIF

6 Likes

Reminded me of an encounter I witnessed at our 24 hour fitness center. This one guy (late teens?) was chatting up a gal who seemed focused on her workout routine on the machine next to mine. She was mostly “uh huh” and “yeah”. He had introduced himself out of the blue and had mistaken 24hr for a dating service or night club. He did not sound very bright. Getting nowhere with her he broke out his big stupid gun… a comment about her looks. “I like your hair; you look just like Mona Lisa.” The gal stopped: “What?! Mona Lisa? She’s ugly!” The look on the guy’s face and his reaction told me that although he had heard of The Mona Lisa, he had never seen the painting… or had seen it at some time but didn’t put two and two together. And, yes. The gal looked nothing like The Mona Lisa.

3 Likes