People who take tiny doses of LSD daily say it's wonderful

Cannabis can cause problems too. I’ve been a fairly regular recreational user for a few months now. Well, I say recreational because that’s where I buy the pot, from the recreational store, not the medical dispensary. Because I don’t need that much, and I don’t really feel like convincing a doctor that I need a green card.

Anyway, for the last few months, I’ve been smoking pot before bed to help with insomnia. I’ve had it ever since I was a baby, and pot is really good for helping me sleep. But I do notice that I’ve been getting a little fuzzy during the day.

It looks like it might just be about time for me to cut back and save it for the weekends, or maybe a Monday-Wednesday-Weekend thing.

Anyway, daytime fuzziness is a helluva lot better than a booze hangover IMHO. The migraines I get when I’ve been overindulging the drink are sort of earth-shattering to me, and I’m lucky I haven’t gotten one while driving, because my vision goes from normal, to black-and-white to total blinding painful white in about a minute.

3 Likes

It’s tricky to find reliable sources for legally scheduled synthetics such as LSD. Small doses of psilocybin mushrooms can be used for the same effect, allowing one to get something known authentic with more legal deniability. (“I don’t know what they are, they just grow around here.”)

Or, like I mentioned above, if you want a similar effect you can source one of the several cheap, legal, hassle-free ergot based medicines - such as Hydergine or Nicergoline. I have used Hydergine and I think it’s great. But be careful when tinkering with your neurochemistry. Any neural imbalances one has, also medicines which effect serotonin (such as Prozac) and/or MAO inhibition (such as Selegiline) can be dangerous. Otherwise, they tend to be quite safe when used properly.

2 Likes

This podcast with James Fadiman, the man who researches microdoses, is very informative.

1 Like

This documentary on LSD aired on then Westinghouse owned, now CBS-owned KPIX 5 San Francisco in 1967. It’s literally one of the most informed documentaries I’ve ever watched, given the year it was filmed. YouTube video: http://bit.ly/1Ge2r3C

I’d concur with this report - small (although not as tiny as described) doses of psylocybin helped me immensely as a troubled student. I’d say it was a real turning point for my mental health.

2 Likes

Microdose. Not to be confused with microdot.

I’m honestly not knocking the medical uses of psychedelics but:

If 500 µg is a large dose, what is a “normal” dose? How has it been worked out?

Are these doses straight up or according to body weight?

If the 10-15 µg mentioned are a lot smaller than the normal effective dose, how do we know this isn’t just placebo effect?

Oh, and LSD and magic mushrooms are two different things.

A normal dose IIRC is considered about 100-200 micrograms. But it depends upon what kinds of effects one is trying to attain. My experience has been that people have often not taken large enough doses, but this is assuming that an ego-dissolving experience which can bypass their biases and defenses is desirable. It might not always be. But IMO the interesting effects tend to be a ways past the threshold of “too much to party on”. I would say that the 500 microgram heavy dose is fairly useful.

There have been clinical tests of LSD and there is literature on dosage - but this tends to be of limited applicability unless one is lucky enough to be able to measure LSD one obtains for proper dosing. Fortunately, pure LSD is fairly free of physiological load and this affords quite broad leeway as regards safety. Still, one wouldn’t want to try to “microdose” only to find themselves trying to do their daily activities on a full dose!

Because LSD is potent, and has measurable effects even if the dosage is less than the accepted “psychoactive” threshold. It’s subtle, but noticeable.

The effects of LSD and Psilocybin are extremely similar. The main clinical difference is basically strength. A psychoactive dose of psilocybin would be several milligrams rather than micrograms. Of course, mushrooms may also have other alkaloids present besides psilocybin, but the physiological and subjective effects still tend to be very similar. My experience is that microdosing with mushrooms works also.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s largely a rumor, due to acid itself having stimulative effects (“Does this feel speedy to you?”) I guess it would be possible on a sugarcube or Oreo, but you couldn’t fit a noticeable dose of speed onto more common LSD media like blotter or a microdot. (Larger media are pretty uncommon at retail these days since courts decided to sentence based on weight rather than effective doses — a single cube can get you as much time as a whole sheet of blotter.) But mainly the economics don’t make any sense.

2 Likes

Thanks for the very useful reply! More useful than the OP actually because that just confused me. I think it’s kind of sloppy to scream LSD in the headline, then talk about unspecified dosages and then use an example that is specifically about a lady taking mushrooms.

2 Likes

I heard it was wonderful onderful nderful derful erful ful ul l

4 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

500ug is a huge dose from what I’ve read. In the early days, typical doses were from 100-200 ug (micrograms).

Nowadays, a typical dose is 20-200 ug, usually on the lower end.

Reddit has a great story on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/2hg6io/different_dosage_of_lsd_explained_from_20ug1500ug/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.