Perfect sorry-not-sorry from woman who killed her husband

No, this is, in fact, not possible whatsoever. Unless he was simultaneously attempting to kill his wife as she shot him to death.

Thanks for the clarification of your criticism. However, you have simply stated that something is a fact without providing any support for its factuality; indeed, you include a counterexample proving that it is not a fact, according to your own subjective criteria of proportionality (there is no universal criteria for that, you know). However, given that your own counterexample has not convinced you, I ask that you consider the possibility (which I raised in my original post) that Mrs. Pinkney was a victim of something fucked up called abuse. If you think I am defending manslaughter/murder/violence, I am not (a proportionate response is not the same as a moral/ethical response, Hammurabi), but I do believe it is possible she was the victim of her husband’s abuse for decades, in which case her response is arguably proportionate. I assume you are willing to admit that there exist some people who suffer daily at the hands of their domestic partners for years, so: how many years of rape, beating, and psychological trauma do you believe are necessary to endure before a victim considers shooting her abuser with a low caliber rifle to be a proportionate response to the accumulated years of abuse?

2 Likes

Guessing she was drunk also — no sober person would leave a hat on a television set, much less bother getting into a 1 A.M. argument about it with her husband who took time off work to sit around drinking all day.

This is going to sound weird, but to my mind, the absolute best scene in all of Mad Men was when Sally disappeared from the apartment and Megan checked to see how long she was gone by seeing how hot the top of the TV was. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what accuracy to period looks like.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.