Perjury, Perjury, Perjury

It is astounding to me that as it has become more clear that Kavanaugh has perjured himself now, and or at the confirmation hearing for his current court seat, the Republicans move ahead with his nomination as if all is normal. Is this the Trump Effect, where the dishonesty of Republicans no longer matters, no longer even needs to be hidden - any criminal element will be acceptable so long as they serve the Republican goals?

4 Likes

Remember how Ruth Bader Ginsburg was confirmed with 9396 votes despite being unabashedly liberal (although more centrist at the time than today) and pro abortion? She won over Orrin Hatch FFS.

Now you have justices so bad the Senate needs to literally change their rules just to get them confirmed.

It’s like R’s make it a point to pick the most terrible judges possible (see also Clarence Thomas).

It’s all such a fucking sham.

And now they are pushing through Kavanaugh as hard and fast as they can. Remember how they slow walked Garland for over a year?

8 Likes

And…

9 Likes

My country party, right or wrong!

2 Likes

His pants are on fire, but the GOP will hand him a SCOTUS robe to use as a fire beater.

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s not Trump’s doing. It’s been building since at least Nixon and his pardon, but they’ve been charging full steam down this track since January 20, 2009.

3 Likes

7 Likes

It’s a bit off topic, but was it her political opinions moving to the left or the “centre” moving to the right?

5 Likes

Best I can tell it was the latter.

3 Likes

“But His Emails”

1 Like

Thomas was a two-fer deal.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.