Person tries to paint their carpet

My house, right now, has torn brown paper glued to at least two floors and then coated with polyurethane. I hate that the previous owners did that, I can’t fix it myself because I have no flooring related skills, and I am not sure the expense is justifiable because having a house with two ugly hard-to-clean floors isn’t something I feel entirely sure I should have any negative feelings about at all.

2 Likes

Yeah I painted a free-standing clawfoot tub once back in the 90s. It didn’t look amazing after I was done, but way better than before I painted it. Now I could probably watch a YouTube video to see what I did wrong.

2 Likes

Paint Your Carpet

sounds like a musical waiting to me made.

10 Likes

I have successfully dyed a rug. But I used the correct fibre reactive dye (not paint), and took the rug outside to soak it and then subsequently dry it.

5 Likes

Well, I could definitely see a drunken Lee Marvin deciding to paint the carpet. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

That might actually be so far gone that anything you do would be an improvement!

3 Likes

Sounds like a euphemism for people undergoing a cosmetic procedure to lend authenticity to the dye job upstairs.

5 Likes

New to us! :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I discovered this after hours of “Why the %#&^%%@ would anyone do this!!!” frustration and needing to rest my arms from all the scraping. He definitely did not follow any guidelines. Just gross, flaky white paint on white enamel.

2 Likes

The previous owners of my old house decided that, instead of removing the floral tiles in the kitchen and putting something else up, to just buy a case of krylon semi-gloss white and run the exhaust fan to pull the fumes out of that space. I mean, I joke about the ‘krylon rebuild’ (i.e., putting a fresh coat of spray paint on something and calling it good), but that’s the first time I saw something like that happen.
I was going to replace the exhaust fan with an over-the-stove microwave/vent combo, but it still made me go “WTF?!?!?!” when I saw that the inside of the fan was coated in white, greasy dust from the spray.

If there’s a neighbor with a pool, they might use it for balancing the PH of the water, unless they have some already.
Also, it’ll attack the pipes unless you dump enough water after it to help dilute it and to get it into the city’s sewer line so it’s their problem. ::stares at the loans from having to cough up ~$21 thousand last year to replace the main drain line after 60 odd years of dealing with literal shit::

Arn’t old houses FUN??? ::grinds teeth::

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I do it before taking a shower.

Was it a Du-Pont ‘stain master carpet’?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.