Person with "machete" turns out to be carrying a leek

Jinx! But on the swordfish-stabbing-sharks thread. (Does that count as a jinx?)

2 Likes

I’m confused, can you go slower

3 Likes

I wish they had tried harder to find out who called the cops.

We have a right to know who was the leeker.

5 Likes

I think this story has many layers that we will have to peel back one at a time.

5 Likes

So that’s what that vegetable is called in English. Good to know.

Well, maybe.

(Linked comment started a subthread arguing about the distinctions between leeks, green onions, and shiro negi.)

4 Likes

Lol I love this forum. Thank you for the link! Now I just gotta figure out why Asian Americans think I’m asking for ginger when I say galangal.:fearful:

2 Likes

Bloody hell…I send you to the market to fetch a bag of machetes and you come home with bloody leeks. I’m fed up. Last week you swapped our cow for “magic beans”. Where’s it gonna end Jack?

6 Likes

Stand back copper I’ve got a leek

5 Likes

If on the way home you get viciously attacked by a homicidal maniac wielding a Jerusalem artichoke, Don’t Come Crying to Me.

5 Likes

These days, I’d expect that a machete maniac wouldn’t be wearing a mask.

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks, everyone, this thread has made my day! I am, quite literally, wiping tears from my eyes, through laughing, not because of onions I hasten to add… :rofl:

1 Like

Well, it WAS Aberdeen. They have probably never seen a fresh vegetable there.

1 Like

I bet anyone could walk the streets there carrying a black pudding aka Ecky Thump!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Battered and deep fried of course

1 Like

Pfui! Leeks are nothing against the great British rolled newspaper! These lumps on my head could tell a tale!

anigif_sub-buzz-3509-1509250150-1

(Aw, man. My gifs aren’t working…)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.