Phantom of the Opera creator Andrew Lloyd Webber called priest to rid haunted home of phantom

Originally published at: Phantom of the Opera creator Andrew Lloyd Webber called priest to rid haunted home of phantom - Boing Boing

3 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

4 Likes

So…he had a ghost that tidied up for him? Hey ghost, you have an open invitation to haunt my house.

9 Likes

Must be nice to have enough money to afford a home in central London that is so big some of its rooms can be classified as “obscure.”

IMG_0858

10 Likes

Lloyd Webber’s neighbours had long been terrified by about ghastly wailing and shrieking emanating from the property, but eventually found out they were hearing rehearsals for ‘Phantom of the Opera’.

7 Likes

I know domestic workers are often invisible to rich people, but this is the first time I’ve seen a cleaning lady confused for a poltergeist.

12 Likes

in this case it was a cleaning guy, but he did finally stop after asking the priest what was going on with the whole exorcism thing, and then begging for forgiveness. from the priest mind you.

i think they actually wound up going in to business together. for priests with bills to pay, a real poltergeist can be hard to scare up

3 Likes

Maybe Webber overlooked the notes?

3 Likes

Did no-one tell him “The poltergeist is there- inside your mind” ?

2 Likes

It is never easy to get rid of the Phantom…

Just sayin’…

4 Likes

And how, then, did he rid his house of the priest?

2 Likes

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?!

2 Likes

Played a medley of his songs?

3 Likes

This was an episode of Hilda. I think the trick is to get a copy of the ghosts favourite book. When it comes by to read the book, it notices the mess and cleans up to thank you for keeping the book around.

3 Likes

Another possibility. ALW: “Bloody buggering bollocks and fuck all! Where the bloody hell did I leave the bloody libretto… again!”

2 Likes

Well, if that didn’t work against the poltergeist…

1 Like

Good point.

It was Gaston Leroux who created the Phantom of the Opera, not ALW.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.