Phil Spector dead at 81

So you shot and killed a woman. There’s more to life than a little bit of music, ya know. And now here ya are. And it’s a beautiful day.

2 Likes

That photo could be used to terrify children into good behaviour: “now honey, eat your greens/breakfast/go to bed early, otherwise the horrible man will come and do nasty things to you!”
Cue decades of therapy!
And yes, despite his contributions to popular music, he was a really vile, reprehensible excuse for a human being.

5 Likes

Alas, he died before Donny Boy could pardon him. Another wasted opportunity. /s

1 Like

A tragedy. Two Scoops could have used a couple hundred thousand from that pardon. Bigly sad.
'Scuse me while I vomit up my bung for typing this

Nothing stopping a posthumous pardon. :face_vomiting:

No payoff, so no posthumous pardon. Sad.

1 Like

Laibach sorted out Let It Be. Good and proper.

6 Likes

Truth Reaction GIF by moodman

6 Likes

2 Likes

Trump would do it just to be more of a dick. No payoff other than liberal outrage.

1 Like

laibach-raise-glass

5 Likes

I was so sure he was already dead, I guess because he looked to be in bad shape decades ago…

Holy shit, the BBC’s take on this is about as crap as it gets:

That’s like describing Jeffrey Dahmer as a “creative but unconventional chef.”

19 Likes

Meh, we’re almost at 400000 dead from Covid in the last year. I’ll bet that at least one of those people had a more interesting story to tell then this creep. And I’ll bet their stories don’t make the news. 81’s a nice run. Heck, I hope I hang on that long, and I haven’t even killed anyone.

4 Likes
4 Likes

What would you have said?

Looks like BBC changed the headline to
" Phil Spector: Pop producer jailed for murder dies at 81 "
which I think is appropriately neutral .

6 Likes

Jeez. I just started listening to ‘naked’ on Youtube. I didn’t know it existed. You can say this wasn’t a great album, but even on a ditty like “Two of Us” I just love these guys. I just LOVE the Beatles. They had already broken up before I got into them but to me, there was nothing in the 60s to beat them and precious little I’ve liked half as much since. They had such exuberance, talent, and FUN. Ok, the One After 909 just came on the YouTube. Time to boogie!

4 Likes

Phil Spector now specter.

8 Likes

Trump doesn’t care about liberal outrage. If fawning liberals would show up at his rallies, he’d endorse AOC. He’s all about the transaction. What’s in it for Don? Pardoning anyone is about doing favors for his donors or letting people know they should keep their mouths shut to get one. I’d be shocked if any of the MAGA-Putsch fools get a pardon because they can’t do anything for him.

1 Like

I remember you from “Newhart!”

2 Likes