Philips dimmable LED bulb for $5

Ah, stroboscopic effect on dimmer. You’re going to get that with basically all low-priced LED stuff, especially the RGB tape light coming out of Guangzhou, China, it is the worst. Totally unacceptable but the appeal is in the cost. I imagine you paid about ten bucks for five meters? This doesn’t excuse the product, but some manufacturers want to make sales and damn the long-term ramifications for how their product line is seen. The same thing happened to CFL twenty years ago and some people still refuse to use them based on early product disappointments.

I find tapelights for the most part to be a terrible product and not worth installing anywhere. The fixture fails, the clips fail, the transformer fails, it rarely lasts more than a year. There are a few places that have quality stuff that I’ve recommended, but they have a 20 year history and cost more, like Tokistar, but there’re the exception rather than the rule these days.

Seriously though, if you’re looking, let me know and I’ll send you something that won’t be as bad. I see a lot of bad products come through the office but the occasional gem that is worth your while.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.