Photo of creepy Mississippi river troll!

Originally published at: Photo of creepy Mississippi river troll! | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Dude, I see a raccoon. Or maybe an opossum.

13 Likes

From the Phantoms and Monsters website (emphasis mine):

“Because of recent revelations involving the winged humanoids (The Unseen Ones), we are asking the worldwide public to come forward with your sightings…”

6 Likes

I didn’t even assume it was something alive - the “eyes” could just be lighter colored objects (e.g. leaves) in a vaguely, partially symmetrical mass of vegetation for all I can tell. (In fact, given how bright the trees are, I don’t think the “eye” spots are bright enough to be light bouncing off a critter’s tapetum lucidum.)

These “I had this amazing experience, but anyways here’s a picture that literally could be anything, even if it’s not Photoshopped” stories are rather amusing. Though I’m never sure if they’re supposed to be funny or if that’s unintentional.

5 Likes

That’s generous. I see a log.

5 Likes

I took my phone out and took a picture. To this day, anyone I show it to swears its a river trolley[…]

Well, not any more. I can’t make out much of anything.

2 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

swamp gas? :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking the “eyes” were ears.

2 Likes

Or maybe it’s just Alex Jones.

3 Likes

Robert Foster?

1 Like

They should not wander around Florida with us.

In early 2020 before covid hit we were down in Florida about 5 miles into a swamp, no one else around but wildlife and alligators, lots of alligators. We heard some rustling on the side of the trail, couldn’t see anything so we kept going it kept going but still couldn’t see it. And then this guy poked his head out onto the trail.

Could have been a demon but I’m pretty sure it was an otter. It just wandered up to us and then wandered away. Maybe he thought we were a demon in his backyard.

That thing in the photo would have caused us to want to get closer and see what it was. I do know if I were living on a houseboat I would have a large spotlight handy to take the guess work out of it.

5 Likes

nasty adelayo adedayo GIF by BBC

4 Likes

So many skeptics here! That looks exactly like every river tròll I’ve ever seen.

8 Likes

Personally, I can’t tell its arse from its elbow. :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.