Photo of egg becomes Instagram's most-liked

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/photo-of-egg-becomes-instagram.html

2 Likes

thats-the-yoke

14 Likes

Never cracked a smile though.

11 Likes

So Instagram is egg-centric? Or is this so egg-ceptional that we should be egg-citied?

12 Likes

I think it’s important as a social statement - that Instagram fame (and social media fame, and really, any sort of fame) is ultimately fleeting and meaningless. That anything truly important won’t garner as much attention as jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else.

13 Likes

Omelette that slide.

8 Likes

It’s a shell game.

10 Likes

Their likes were poached.

9 Likes

But where is Dunk?

1 Like

How long will it take to scroll through their whole albumen?

11 Likes

Her?

I’m sure that Egg is a very nice person. I just don’t want you spending all your money getting her all glittered up for Easter, you know?

3 Likes

There was no competing campaign for a chicken? Disappointing.

9 Likes

I mean, unless the chicken that laid the egg is an aggressive and effective spinner of straw-into-gold and can manage to leverage the minute of fame into celebrity and clothing lines for the newborn chick. I mean, the chick might have to produce and “leak” a sex tape, but c’mon, to make an omelette…

3 Likes

the-inside-of-your-butt-is-warm-enough-to-hardboil-an-egg-oh-no-im-not-falling-for-this-one-again-what-nmfge

14 Likes

Sure, first it’s just simple egg boxes…then it’s egg neighborhoods…then before you know it—it’s entire egg cities!!! :wink:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Well egg-scuse me. :wink:

6 Likes

White eggs are the real victims here.

7 Likes

I think we’ve had un oeuf of those.

11 Likes

5 Likes