Photos of blue powder look 3D

It looks about as “3D” as any object with some height that’s shot with a bit of side lighting.

I wear thick glasses. When I swing my head from side to side, I do see a strong 3D effect. Without the glasses, I see no effect.

1 Like

Exactly the same for me.

If I was to guess (without even looking at the images), I’d say the effect you see, Mark, is because of a slight difference in colour perception in each of your eyes, which can end up giving you a slight chromostereopsis.

You can test this by doing a standard (or more extensive) colour-perception eye test - if you can see two numbers in any cards, that’d be a clue.

hmm…I find that if I squint a bit I can usually see both numbers. I always assumed that had to do with looking a little off-center where there are more rods, and therefore less color vision.

A friend of mine thought that he had superior colour perception because he could see two numbers on the card. I asked an ophthalmologist about this, he told me about the mismatched eyes.

I had just gone through the test. He told me my colour perception was perfect: I got all the cards right, and called them all before they hit his desk as he flipped them over. :->

Probably because I’m still wearing my red/blue anaglyph glasses from looking at that Phobos photo.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.