Photos of expecting parents, asleep

[Permalink]

1 Like

Sleep while you can. . . you poor bastards. . .

13 Likes

It looks like parquet flooring very popular in the FSU.

Also, great photos!

The photo with the toddler between the two of them, arms stretched out so that each hand was resting on a parent’s face…oh, yeah.

And on the other hand…nothing like being woken up by being punched in the face (or worse, head-butted) by your sweet little monster.

3 Likes

Am I the only one happy that all of these feature rooms as mismatched and messy as our own?

2 Likes

I recall on vacation at my brother’s house being awakened by a very solid kick in the face, and there was my three year old nephew sound asleep and looking like an angel.

2 Likes

Pfft, they’re not asleep. They’re faking it - I can tell by the pixels.

1 Like

Is it common in Russia to start a family while still sleeping on a twin bed or a fold-out sofa fer cryin out loud? Couch-surfing and child-rearing don’t really mix.

1 Like

Just how pregnant is that guy in the eighth photo?

(It’s funny because I’m judging.)

3 Likes

…and from having faked it yourself. Many times.

I’m thinking it’s major cities with small one or two bedrooms that they hand over to the kids. I met a couple in Manhattan once that had a one bedroom that they slept in with their kid literally right outside in the hall next to the bathroom where his twin bed barely fit. Nice neighborhood though. But they just did what they had to to make it work.

1 Like

How do you think I lured Santa into my snare?

1 Like

Be grateful for your 3,000-7,000 square foot house in the suburbs. Billions of people in the world – literally – have to raise families in much tinier spaces.

3 Likes

I’ve lived in city apartments my whole life, and I don’t mean luxury condos. This is Russia in the photos, not Kowloon Walled City. Is space at that much of a premium there that more than one couple thinks sleeping on the sofa while raising a kid is necessary? I mean, maybe it is, but that is surprising to me if so. Must be hell on the mother-to-be’s back.

New York and San Fran both have neighborhoods with families in equally tight abodes. But in general, I think we’re seeing these homes through the goggles of first world privilege.

Also, the average age of these parents is rather young. How big of an apartment and how much furniture could you afford at 21 or 22?

That’s one of many reasons I didn’t have kids at that age.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.