Photoshop Neural Filters tweak facial expressions, lighting, age

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/21/photoshop-neural-filters-tweak-facial-expressions-lighting-age.html

3 Likes

I recently got passport style photos for some paperwork I had to send in. Thanks to Covid hair and the neutral look, I joked I looked like a Ukrainian arms dealer.

'You need boolets? I give you boolets, you give me American Big Mac? We make good deal, yes?"

Good news, I… bit the bullet, and cut my hair last weekend.

In completely unrelated news, I bought a neat new hat.

6 Likes

At first I was like “Oh no, Rob is at it again…” then saw that a neural network learned to emulate the bests of Rob’s works.

Adobe Beschizza CC 2021 coming soon to your desktops & mobile devices!

10 Likes

Quiet! We don’t want to draw attention to the faceless men who are preparing an “accident” for Trump.

2 Likes

So that’s why fully botoxed people never smile!

2 Likes

Old Stephen Miller never looked better. Shudder.
Wish I hadn’t seen that.

Hell, I got my passport card a year ago and it still makes me look like some kind of Eastern European goon from central casting. I think it’s the combination of not smiling and not wearing my glasses.

1 Like

Help me Dr. Zaius!

2 Likes

pNGuqEG

7 Likes

OH yeah, no glasses.That didn’t help things either.

Passport pictures are what people really look like.

(Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense, liner notes)

3 Likes

1 Like

Funny how “happy Trump with more hair” looks a lot like Boris Johnson.

7 Likes

I was fully expecting a ‘mouths as eyes’ filter.
Maybe next release.
But you just know Rob will be having some fun with this one in future blog posts.

2 Likes

When I saw the early announcement about these features, I realized that even used judiciously, this was going to be a one-button tool to make images look “wrong” and not be able to easily tell why or what was done to them. Fun!

@beschizza Even your angry looks happy!

Melania looks even more frightening…

1 Like

You beet the boolet?

I apologize
I apologize 2

Possibilities are endless. I don’t know if that’s good or bad…

5 Likes

Oh I dunno – Rob strikes me as one who enjoys the artistry of doing his nightmare edits manually. LOL

2 Likes