Physical resistance to Terrorism

Now that I know that, it will no longer work on me :wink:

Yep. It would look damn scary too. Buuuut - and I’m not a military tactician - I’d assume that the bomb vest, if real, would be purposed towards blowing up as many people as possible. If not now, when? And if not this crowd, which crowd?

My big fear is … well, I never like to say. Ideas run riot. I predicted what’s been happening about 16 years ago, basically to the letter.

I think - RUN! but if trapped or in true immediate danger, bunch up and attack. In this situation, an upturned table would have been a great barging device.

But who am I to say? I wasn’t there. Thank god. Still - only a few miles away.

1 Like

While there are martial arts people who have fancy moves on how to defeat someone with a knife, there are more sensible-sounding martial arts people who say that it’s all bull and the best move is to run.

1 Like

Well, I already know I walk towards an attacker in such situations. Just like calmly mosey towards the guy with the gun. What was I planning? Not much really, just reacting, I was thinking about talking the kid down if I could, and getting close enough to reach him in the process. The people who launched themselves at the gun got there long before I did!

In any one-on-one fight the best way to win is make it not be a one-on-one fight. Running can be a very good way to accomplish that.

1 Like

Imgur

2 Likes

While knowing that it’s difficult to know how one will react in the heat of the moment, when I run these kinds of scenarios in my imagination, I think of a certain (probably inaccurate) military quote: “c’mon you sons of bitches, you want to live forever?” We’re all going to die someday, and going out possibly saving even one life sounds a lot more satisfying than growing old and decrepit and dying of cancer (possibly alone, as we have no kids ) My wife probably wouldn’t approve of this however.

Even if im not a knowledgable fighter, make them waste bullets on me. Make them waste stabbing time on me. As for the bomb vest concern, I would think that any attacker’s plan will involve trying to get more victims as time goes rather than less, so I would always assume the earlier the better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.