Pill-popping panic - a good brain teaser

Of course, this would require a very precise and even distribution of the ground up pills within the mixture. 50.000000001% of pill B in one half of the mixture = death. And you wouldn’t even know for sure till the second day, either.

[quote=“Beanolini, post:20, topic:61832”]Assuming they’re not specially coated, or have microcapsules in them, or something.
[/quote]

That would void the official solution, any way (which involves cutting them in half).

There’s a pill that I have to cut into quarters for my cat, called Cerenia. Even with creases, this pill self destructs in a pill splitter. I wind up with three random size fragments and some dust. If the two-pills-of-death are made like that, I’d be reaching for Beanolini’s solution…

I would set those three pills off to the side, and take the correct A & B pills from the remaining stock. I would then call my doctor(s) to tell them of my predicament, and tell them I will need my prescription renewal to be rewritten for two days sooner than originally expected. I would then take out an extra “A” pill to balnce out my remaining stock availability; which I would then take the four set a side pills to my doctor, or pharmacist, so they can properly dispose of the medication.

Since I should take responsibility for my actions, and an extra financial burden may be a consequence that develops from this scenerio, I would have a garage sale, or courier people around via Lyft / Uber, to help pay off the difference.

…and that’s my answer.

[Edit] …and I just read the solution; which is a lot less hassle, but I feel there’s a lot less flavor in that answer too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.