Pizza Hut pushing snake as a pizza topping

Originally published at: Pizza Hut now selling snake pizza

3 Likes

Before opening the post I knew it was China. Snakes in jars EVERYWHERE. It was only a matter of time before they ended up on pizza.

Pizza Hut has had some odd toppings available there for a while now.

7 Likes

I’d consider trying it, at least a slice. Don’t think I’d gamble on a whole pizza though.

Right up until that point. Hard nope. Something other than tomato isn’t an automatic deal killer, but seafood sure is for me.

6 Likes

i really want to try this!
it hooked me with the abalone sauce. that sounds like it would be a most interesting combo.
:yum:

6 Likes

I would totally try it, sounds like it could be good. And even if it sucks it would make for a good story of having eaten a weird version of Pizza Hut

7 Likes

As for the SW and Appalachia…

3 Likes

I assume it’s farmed abalone instead of wild-caught, but it’s still an iffy thing to eat given how overfishing has driven abalone to critically endangered status throughout most of the world.

2 Likes

I’ve had rattlesnake on a pizza, I think 20+ years ago now, was pretty unremarkable.

4 Likes

Yeesh, what’s next, pineapple on pizza??!

4 Likes

But isn’t pushing a snake sort of like pushing a string? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Shredded snake?

5 Likes

Given that rattlesnake dishes aren’t uncommon in the southwestern US and Appalachia, maybe Pizza Hut will test the snake pizza here as well.

Nah, leave the rattlers be. Several species are endangered.

This is a job for pythons.

7 Likes

I’m waiting for the Ouroboros Stuffed Crust Pizza.

9 Likes

Snake pizza? Sure I’ll try a slice.

Abalone rather than tomato sauce? Hmmmm, maybe another day.

1 Like

How about “a baloney” sauce?

Looking at the image @Akimbo_NOT posted and reading not a single bit of the language on the sign, I assumed that the little picture on the lower right was showing exactly what you suggest! Now I think maybe it’s just a pepperoni or salami jammed in the crust?

2 Likes

Dog Ok GIF by joeyahlbum

2 Likes

I don’t know, I’d probably try this snizza if someone offered it. It’s not like it has peppers on it or anything.

1 Like

Well, at least snake meat is all filet mignon, if you think about it.

1 Like

gummy-python-8-feet-long1

2 Likes