Plan C: The top secret Cold War plan for martial law in the USA

If I wanted to demonstrate “thinking things through”, I certainly wouldn’t play along with their underground totalitarian fantasy. Plan C isnt even a new idea… the government has always enjoyed arresting potential subverters and certainly has had martial law procedures stored away in every militant arm of the government since they started wearing badges. Plan C is more like default behavior than new ideas lol.

The main problem with nuclear weapons is that they are not THAT much destructive. Most of the fallout is gone in 48 hours, most of the activity is concentrated in the short-living isotopes. The targets will be gone in rubble and flames, but there will be large unaffected areas where there’s nothing worth of the insta-sun cost.

If all that’s left would be a glass parking lot, sea to boiling sea, it’d be way easier.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s so much to do with people in power being hypnotized by symbols, so much as being hypnotized by power itself. The symbols are there to hypnotize the populace, not the leaders.

1 Like

The entire infrastructure from coast to coast is gone… sanitation, fuel, food, water, power, medication, antibiotics, etc. Who is going to stop the old nuclear power plants from creating chernobyls all over the country?

But the plan is to arrest people, and shove a gun in the face of everyone still alive? This plan could only be dreamt up by politicians and their hired guns.

I seriously doubt that there is any “power itself”, at least by my definition, the most basic one, is that power is the motive force required to accomplish a task. It seems to me to always be relative to what the goals are. Power for its own sake would then seem like a circle jerk designed to not accomplish anything. Making even power for its own sake symbolically taking the place of having real goals. Even leadership is symbolic, being investment in the idea that somebody is more capable.

Yes. And that is the problem.

The plant operators. Who have to get into the plants and keep things under control.

If it was not for the greenies, we could have newer reactors with more passive safety features and no need for operators for safe unattended scrams. But that’s for another rant.

In order to facilitate the things like accessibility of the nuke plants to their operators, in the environment of panicking people and clogged roads. And all other critical functions. Food, water, medicine, with too little for too many and general hysteria all around. And protection of those unlucky enough to be associated with Russians or Chinese (or whoever is blamed for the attacks on the survival AM radio or in the popular imagination) by pedigree or name or any other sign.

What would you propose to do in case of a mid-to-larger-scale atomic attack?

1 Like

This part’s a joke, right?

That part is a reference to the anti-Japanese post-Pearl Harbour hysteria, and the post-9/11 anti-Arab hysteria. A joke, I’d wish.

In the event of a nuclear-holocaust style near collapse of civilization, I see our fearless military leaders setting up as many Gitmoes as possible for the boogeymen of the final hour.

But I’m cheerful like that.

I don’t think they will be the only ones involved in excesses of all kinds. Otherwise I don’t dispute.

1 Like

I have a feeling a lot of the nuclear plant folks will be dead, let alone we are assuming the reactor is still in one piece.

If society cant exist, then neither can the government- plan C is as worthless as the paper it was written on. They are going to lose control of everything except personal necessity… where is my next meal, where is fresh water, how do i get to a part of the world that wasn’t nuked, etc.

Some will last. Reactors are quite tough beasts. The nuclear folks as well. All depends on the overpressure of the blast wave that comes and the seismic signature in case of a nearby ground or underground blast. Assuming no direct hit.

Pretty much is. The analysts however had to come up with something that looked viable.

Oh, that’s no problem. The Ones Who “Matter” have their well-stocked secure undisclosed locations.

With some luck, the survivors from the surface will entomb their entrances in concrete.

2 Likes

America’s abundant supply of FPS gamers!

1 Like

Couple this with mass-produced drones, and we’re on to something.

1 Like

The fact that their containment will already be breached, and their content strewn about the landscape, because in a nuclear exchange, they’re the first targets?

1 Like

Wow! Ok, this is my new Plan C.

1 Like

I would not rule out the chance to preserve a nucleus of human specimens. It would be quite easy at the bottom of some of our deeper mineshafts. The radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep. And in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in dwelling space could easily be provided.

3 Likes

Man, that’s dark.

Not my idea.
http://lyrics.wikia.com/Leslie_Fish:Digwell_Carol

1 Like

OK, anyone who’s ever taken part in a protest, line up over by that wall. The rest of you, get on the train.

1 Like