Former general Mike Flynn calls for military to keep Trump in power

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/18/former-general-mike-flynn-calls-for-military-to-keep-trump-in-power.html

10 Likes

This is what happens when you give a fascist scumbag and traitor a broad pardon. I wonder if his patron in the Kremlin is encouraging him to lay the groundwork for a presidential run in 2024.

56 Likes

How many of these instances were meant to overturn election results, asshole?

66 Likes

93 Likes

I don’t think this is going to happen… this time around. The whole point of it is to soften up the public’s imagination, make it more palatable the next time around. I hope Democrats are paying close attention, because they will need to work hard to put in more legal safeguards to protect democracy down the road.

52 Likes

Punch a Nazi Day is today and Flynn looks like a nice smug mug recipient.

51 Likes

I wonder what he is so scared of that he wants a coup? I guess his pardon didn’t cover some other crimes. What could they be?

39 Likes

Martial law no big deal says Flynn, disgraced General.
I’ve lived under martial law. It is a VERY big deal to be driving down the freeway accompanied by full flak uniformed Guardsmen in fully armed tanks and armored vehicles. Freaking uniformed trained part time thugs on every corner with loaded fully automatic weapons.
If this isn’t a big deal, than what is?
Having the military take over your community under the direction of some war mongering fat head militaristic treasonous (Flynn, I am indeed calling you a fucking traitor) some 3,000 miles away, and claiming it’s no big deal because it’s been done 64 times before should be statement made in shame, and with head bowed. Not as a veiled threat.
Martial law is a very big deal.

70 Likes
29 Likes

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK this traitor.

39 Likes

Someone might want to tell him that his pardon doesn’t cover crimes he commits after it was granted.

67 Likes

Watching the MAGA cult spin defeat after defeat into secret victories that will be unveiled at the chosen moment, the endless moving of goalposts that promise Trump will fulfill Q’s prophesies oh so soon and the (thankfully) ineffectual pawing at a coup attempt from wannabe fascists like Flynn is both comically satisfying and terrifying at the same time. These people are all in so deep they cannot (and/or don’t want to) extricate themselves from the cult, and reality cannot stand in the way of what they believe.

If we get through this without a lot of people getting hurt or killed, it won’t be for lack of trying by these fuckers.

42 Likes

There, fixed it for you?

35 Likes

Please, where and when was this?

1 Like

I wonder what he did that’s so bad that even with a pardon, he continues to act out

12 Likes

Yesterday’s Slate Political had Alex Stamos on to talk about recent Russian-based cyber attacks. In that interview, he expressed some skepticism that Russia was able to penetrate classified system because they are physically separated from the internet.

Which made me think of the reporting that Flynn was fired from the DIA because of his personal failure to follow security protocols around classified systems.

Anyways…cyber is a funny word.

28 Likes

Yes, I think they are working them selves up for it.

1 Like

How is this not Michael Flynn supporting and inciting the violent overthrow of the United States Government? I believe we have special names for that action and that person.

39 Likes

I don’t think it’s any more complicated than it appears on the surface: he wants to overthrow our democratic republic as we know it and replace it with something that pretends to be a democracy by only counting the votes that enshrine Trump and his cabal as leaders. Yeah, it’s transactional in one sense for him because he’s paying back the debt he owes for his pardon, but I don’t doubt for a second these are his genuine beliefs and aims.

27 Likes

This Flynn sack of shit right here just about made my husband’s head explode.

Flynn is a traitor, period. He needs to lose his pension, lose all his assets, be busted down retroactively to Private, and get stuck in Leavenworth for all eternity.

Also we all need to see just what else this turd is hiding.

48 Likes