Play: Dungeons and Deadlines, "an epic game of work-life balance"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/22/karoshi.html

3 Likes

Within three days I took up chain smoking, bet on an intern fighting pit, resorted to Starbucks coffee and died of an ulcer. :slightly_frowning_face:

I think one round is enough for me.

11 Likes

I’m on day 19 and doing pretty well, my numbers are good! But all the in-game decisions are really stressing me out in real life…

9 Likes

In fairness, this is pretty much me when playing any new game…

I have an unfailing knack for finding the fastest and most spectacular way to lose.

6 Likes

I hate fumbling HR rolls.

7 Likes

That cover art is a lie!
Bob Dole was never cool enough to own a Macintosh SE.

5 Likes

At first, I thought it was this one:

3 Likes

Harsh.

7 Likes
1 Like

I played like I gave a damn about myself and got ten days in with a 9 and 10s for everything but stress, which was a 2.
I still quit out of boredom.

4 Likes

I did for a week, then did ONE day of overtime… :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Oh good, I get to share the Cubicles and Careers videos.

3 Likes

One of Will McLean’s classic comics. For the life of me I can’t remember if it was in the AD&D DM’s Guide or the Player’s Handbook:

9 Likes

I lasted 8 days, dying by breaking my stupid neck at my desk after falling asleep because I kept getting to work early…

6 Likes

you approach the broken xerox machine
replicating medical forms on letter-sized paper
oh no

10 Likes

DMG, 1st Edition AD & D, p.111
Also his joke in that book : “This plan has better work!” under a party of two fighters and a magic-user putting on Mickey Mouse ears and a cone with fake bristles while in the background Wererats are kowtowing in front of a statue of a rat god statue.
Where is that kind of humor in the 5th edition?

4 Likes

Thanks. My brother has the books, so I couldn’t just go look.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I dunno what’s geekier, the fact I still have those books, that I remember what page, or that I don’t need to look to make sure the exact page number… :grin:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.