Play it now: You Are A Horse

[Read the post]

1 Like

Seems fun. For a possibly weirder horse-related game, you might check out http://noncanon.com/HorseMaster.html.

2 Likes

Bad Horse

He rides across the nation
The thoroughbred of sin
He got the application
That you just sent in

It needs evaluation
So let the games begin
A heinous crime, a show of force
A murder would be nice of course
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Bad Horse
Heā€™s Bad
The Evil League of Evil
Is watching so beware
The grade that you receive
Will be your last we swear
So make the Bad Horse gleeful
Or heā€™ll make you his mareā€¦

Youā€™re saddled up
Thereā€™s no recourse
Itā€™s Hi-Ho Silver
Signed, Bad Horse

5 Likes

I think theyā€™re taking the piss.

Well, there are several different genres you are talking about. Bojack Horseman falls more into the Petting Zoo People trope, because it is just taken as a given that animals in its world live like people (even if they have some personality attributes from their animal species). Octodad is a little different in that (almost) nobody knows heā€™s an octopus ā€“ that would be closer to the Weirdness Censor trope where people just refuse to notice things that donā€™t make sense (like vampires, aliens, or animals pretending to be people).

1 Like

My lovely horse, running through the field
Where are you going, with your fetlocks blowing in the wind?
I want to shower you with sugar lumps, and ride you over fences
Polish your hooves every single day, and bring you to the horse dentist
My lovely horse, youā€™re a pony no more
Running around with a man on your back, like a train in the nightā€¦

But yeah, play donā€™t shit your pants. I hope they bring out an xbox one version.

2 Likes

Is the the SEP (Someone Elseā€™s Problem) field included in references for ā€œWeirdness Censorā€ on that wiki? Cuz if not, I donā€™t have the stones to go over and fix that. Iā€™m afraid of getting sucked by the TVTropes Hypnosis.

That was weird and horrible. Thank you.

Yep, SEP is a very good example of a weirdness censor and is listed.

1 Like

MY LOVELY HORSE!!!

And I raise you one Kristin Schaal is a Horse.

3 Likes

Have you binge watched Bojack season 2 yet? It is daaark, and I think it is episode 11 (maybe 10) that makes him truly unredeemable.

Yes. While I enjoyed the beginning of Season 1 as an ā€œArcherā€ substitute ā€“ Bojack was basically a oblivious charming asshole much in the mold of Sterling Archer, but the second half of season 1 and now season 2 really makes the character have depth. Not that heā€™s not still a terrible person, but he is self-reflective enough to know heā€™s terrible and be ashamed of it ā€“ which is rare enough in live-action TV, let alone animated. And it isnā€™t just him ā€“ the rest of the characters seem more realistic than most people on TV even if most of them are talking bipedal animals.

I agree. some of the scenes were gut wrenching enough that I donā€™t know if I could watch them with my SO. And then it goes to jokes sillier than even I make :smile:

He has had four solid chances at happinessā€“familiar/stable, platonic, appropriate, and romantic. And sweet jebus doesnā€™t it shine a mirror on (at least me) all the things wrong we have done in our lives.

Aaaaand back to horses!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.