Playboy is suing Boing Boing - but linking is not copyright infringement

And daughter, Christie, who has been running the business for decades.

6 Likes

Given the fact I read an article at noon on BB, and then seen it on the 6pm local news channel, kind of proves it is a news source.

6 Likes

Is there a link to Playboy’s motion?

1 Like

Did Playboy say if they were disappointed with Boing Boing?

37 Likes

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

And to the general topic: it’s a shame defending fair use is so expensive. Thanks go to the defenders.

15 Likes

5 Likes

This. I love BoingBoing but let’s not pretend that these posts come anywhere close to meeting journalistic standards. And that’s fine. It just isn’t news-like reporting.

first of all, how dare you

Yes! It goes:

Shift to the left!
Shift to the left!
Shift to the left!
Shift to the left! (you see the pattern, I am sure :wink: )

You’re welcome!

5 Likes

News to me. I see everything here, first. Also a blog, web blog, weblog, log vlog slog glogg cloggy clogger clog dog bog frog eggnogg agog newsflog webnewsfloggygloggybogdogsoggyboggynoggnogg.

10 Likes

Yeah, but if we link to it we’ll get sued…

14 Likes

I’ve always insisted that JUGGS®️ was the more respectable publication.

4 Likes

2 Likes

When you win, will they have to pay your legal fees? I certainly hope so.

12 Likes

I’m sure the happy mutants would cancel their subscriptions, but despite Cory’s writings, it isn’t literally 1984 so none of us have one :wink:

6 Likes

6 Likes

I just hope Playboy aren’t being used as a cat’s paw, like Hulk Hogan, on behalf of some grudge-bearing right-wing asshole with unlimited time and money for spite, like Peter Thiel, or the nominal President of the United States.

9 Likes

Well it was inevitable that this attack would be used on places other than ‘pirate bay’ and such. The mere act of linking (the only thing the pirate bay ever did) has been criminalized using the most easy ways to do so - and now that there is precedent…

1 Like

What a bunch of jerk-offs. (heh)

4 Likes

Do you happen to be a psychiatrist with a single young boy for a patient?

I may have news for you…

7 Likes