Ridiculous Instagram cease and desist results in duck filled mockery

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Letā€™s not all be too eager to jump to celebrate some asshole who wanted to repost peopleā€™s photos without their consent just because he said something funny.

3 Likes

I thought there was some Thing where people were getting angry because Instagram was taking down their photos? Or is that a different Thing? There are too many Things these days; itā€™s hard to keep track of them.

Anyway, the post is missing link to original story:

1 Like

Link missing was my oversight. Sorry.

I think this was a deliberate troll, they intended to provoke a C&D.

2 Likes

That reminds meā€¦ I need to head over to Pen Island and order some refills.

13 Likes

The censoring in the legal letter doesnā€™t make any sense to me. Why is the name of the site always at the end of a line, even if itā€™s only halfway across, and then after the CR itā€™s blocked out?

The name of the site isnā€™t ā€œSluts of Instagram,ā€ itā€™s ā€œSlĆ¼tsof in Stagram.ā€ He didnā€™t want to repost other peopleā€™s photos, but itā€™s pretty obvious he wanted to troll Instagram by naming his fantasy land Stagram and the protagonist SlĆ¼tsof.

2 Likes

Definitely a trolling event. Reminds me of the young software developer named Mike Rowe who got a C&D for his website mikerowesoft.com Everyone should remember that there are lots and lots of lawyers out there trying to look useful and they usually donā€™t have a sense of humor.

1 Like

Who wanted to do that? Citation, no, really, prove it.

2 Likes

No, letā€™s be eager to assume the motives of the siteā€™s creator instead, despite substantial evidence that this was a satirical hoax from the start and never intended to lead to a real erotic photos site for a moment. As long as weā€™re eager to jump to something, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.