Playboy is suing Boing Boing - but linking is not copyright infringement

If this case goes any further, I would recommend that BB refer Playboy to the legendary response in Arkell v Pressdram:

All hail Private Eye :grin:

5 Likes

@anon30760835
Well… yes… and this video is referencing xkcd:

5 Likes

maybe that’s what they’re counting on. Any press is good press… right?

/tinfoil

2 Likes

What is really scary is that video is 8 years old.

3 Likes

Heeeeeeheeheeheeheeheeeheehee.

1 Like

It occurs to me that someone needs to find a sweet mash-up of the xkcd song with “a few of my favorite things”.

I feel like they want to have it both ways- be taken seriously when they want, but also be able to shoot snarkily from the hip. By all means wear your point of view on your sleeve, but I think the journalism is undermined by the hyperbole and inaccurate headlines from the shoot from the hip side of things.

I think of BB like my dad thought of Paul Harvey’s “news and commentary”- “should say commentary and some news”

1 Like

I’m to lazy to verify but I remember editors of BB publicly stating that BB isn’t a news site but a “blog of wonderful things”. Better scour the bbs before the lawyers see it.

1 Like

Odd turn of events for a former champion of 1st Amendment rights. Further proof that we are, in fact, in some sort of bass-ackwards alternate timeline now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.