Pokémon Go trainer for hire

Still waiting for the Death Throes stage to begin.

7 Likes

Hey, I’ll help you pay Freecell for only $10/hour.

Honestly, what is Pokemon Go? What is Pokemon? And I thought virtual reality needed goggles or something?

No don’t answer. I’m content to be Behind The Times.

3 Likes

I’m content to be Behind The Times.

You sure are. The Pokemon craze started 20 years ago.

7 Likes

I agree. The whole video game thing sort of passed me by. I sort of remember “Pong,” but it was too complicated.

6 Likes

That should read: “POH-kay-MON” only. It’s short for “Pocket Monsters”.

“Poh-Ki” is the chocolate-dipped biscuit stick (http://pocky.glico.com)

I’ll bet she’s been waiting all her life for an opportunity to put 4chan on her resume.

4 Likes

I want to make a joke here but all I can think about is the people who actually pay money for items in Candy Crush, Farmville, Fish Wrangler, etc.

4 Likes

Kim Kardashian’s iPhone game made $71.8 Million in 2015. Of that she took home probably 45% of that…

http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2016/03/08/no-kim-kardashian-probably-didnt-make-80-million-from-her-iphone-game/#24f7e42958b3

Honestly we’re all in the wrong business.

4 Likes

Perkémon.

1 Like

The ad has been removed because sadly, she was lured to a Poke Hotspot, kidnapped, and exploited in a Poke Snuff Film.

:cry:

You mean my humbabellasSinglePurposePokemonGOAccount@gmail.com? Not that that account exists because I don’t play Pokemon GO, but am I the only person who does this? I don’t give companies access to my email.

It’s weird to me that I never played Pokemon games. It seems like playing Pokemon games is exactly what I would have done. But instead the first time I ever heard of Missing No. was in I Wanna Be The Boshy.

2 Likes

It’s actually still a good game. One of the few reasons to own a GameBoy DS.

Full disclosure, I was 14 when the first game hit America in early 1996, so I am more than a little biased.

Ha! That’s exactly what I did when setting up an account “for my daughter”. It takes about 3 seconds to set up a burner gmail account.

2 Likes

I’ve watched it on Games Done Quick marathons and it looks like just the kind of thing I would have played. Maybe I will play some of the games still. After all, my primary game right now is FFVI, it’s not like I’m averse to playing old NES/SNES/Gameboy games.

Cool. Feel free to go edit the wikipedia page.

2 Likes

So when’s somebody going to combine in Uber?

1 Like

I used to create different aliases for every new account. It got really out of hand, and not all of the aliases got transferred when I changed my domain email provider. I still love the idea in principle, but in practice it proved too unwieldy for me.

Also, you’re not really fooling Google. If they want to cross index your account history they can pretty easily use unique IDs, IP, location data and other metrics that you’ve given them for one product to correlate with others. It’s very unlikely you’ve used perfect hygiene between your accounts to prevent that.

Oh! I was talking about the most recent ones (and by extension Sun and Moon coming out this year). You don’t have to play the retro games to get “that Pokemon game feel”.

Despite an uptick in complexity, the game is still accessible and true to its roots.

In android I can at least deny things like contacts when the app asks for the permissions so I really don’t mind it so much.

In this case they don’t have access to your email.

I was more making a joke about handing my logon to a stranger so they could get me some pokemon and then saying I actually wanted that.

Yeah, I think it’s only worth doing if you feel like there is something on the line. The truth is I use the same password for the majority of sites because I just don’t care.

Well, my point isn’t really to fool Google, it’s about releasing information to Niantic or whoever I’m signing up with. If Google really cared to put together a detailed profile of me I’m sure they could find out things about me I don’t even know. But they wouldn’t put that profile together at the request of some other company just because I gave them rights to see information about one of my accounts.

Yeah, unfortunately I’m not on money-spending terms with Pokemon right now. I’m still pretty miffed about that fan of theirs they sued for hosting parties at PAX.

1 Like