Pokémon Go trainer for hire

Well then, no matter what you do, do NOT get an emulator and play them that way. Pokemon Black/White is probably not acceptably playable.

1 Like

Complexity bump?

o Kanji monster names only
o phone must be thrown at feet of monster
o some signs must be read edge-on, with demerits for polishing glass to gain view angles
o The one nurse smiles at you, but you just go back in the gallery and pick your own poke-ginseng and deep tissue massage for rock types and you get whatever ensues
o Shinto shrine healing for some types forces you to run up steep incline
o Asian herbal medicine manuals and certifications sold in-game (celebrating Obama’s publication in JAMA, here.)
o If Professor Oak says you’re going to die under a bus, you have to pivot IRL

4 Likes

Weird, I saw the same photo, but she was a tattoo artist from the facebook link my friend shared that I didn’t click on. I heard she wants to tattoo all the pokemon.

I think people have mixed some stuff up. There is a tattoo artist working to make tattoos of every Pokemon. This young woman is one of the people who received one of tattoos. The photo of her is from the Vice article on the tattoo artist, perhaps the reason for the confusion, and why it also seemed possible the Craigslist ad was fake, since anyone could have swiped the photo from the web .

However, she has an Instagram feed, and has posted a screen shot of the ad, so it really was her. Not sure why she went with the pokie Vice photo for the ad rather than one of her own pokie-free Instagram photos. Either way, she seems a capable individual. (And she had a cute cat :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I know, that would be illegal.

I had to explain gold farming to some work colleagues in the context of your comment. The ones who don’t play games didn’t know it occurred, the ones who did decried the use of purchases to level up.

Well, it will get your account permanently banned from the game when they catch you, which they will. Ingress has a history here.

But not if you had your phone over to the trainer. They could bust you by noting you using your account on multiple devices and cross reference which accounts are registered on those devices, or if the account is accessed simultaneously from multiple devices (or in quick succession by a geographic distance too far to travel in that time) but not if you just hand over the hardware.

Obviously illegally connecting to a service like Pokemon GO isn’t going to work out in the long run. We were talking about running old pokemon Gameboy games on emulators. Which is also illegal but has no account to ban and, generally speaking, you won’t get caught. But I’m probably not actually going to do it. There are tons of games to play out there, and let’s plays and speedruns of games that I have an interest in but don’t own.

Ah, I missed that. I thought you meant Pokemon Go in an emulator.

Ya, I think that it is somebody basically doing a catfish…
This is Alicia Thomas:

The young woman in the ad picture is a customer of Alicia’s…

Looks like somebody lifted the name and picture from the Vice article.
​Gotta Catch 'Em All: Meet the Tattoo Artist Tattooing the 151 Original Pokémon | VICE | United States

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.